New striker?

I think signing a striker should definitely be a high priority for Khaldoon and co.

I don't think it will happen this season personally. I don't mind waiting as long as we identify the ideal replacement.

The only options i would consider to replace Aguero would be Haaland, Mbappe and Harry Kane. Aguero is a truly special player, we have to make sure we bring in the right player no matter the cost for me.

I would be happy for City to get another CB and possibly a LB this summer and call it at that, then spend our whole transfer budget next season on a world class striker. I know Txiki and co have their prices for players, but i think there is no harm in treating ourselves to Harrods every once in a while. A replacement for Aguero should come at a very big price.

since we went bargain basement our recent signing have been underwhelming. Having said that we did dodge a bullet with Sanchez.

Like for like replacement for Kun is not possible....but replacement for his goals is.

Step forward St ‘Arry of the Etihad & watch the piss boil.

Injury free, he’s 30/40 goals a season and the arrow head of a strong spine.

Chuck Levi £90m upfront + achievement payments + a couple of squadies or yoofs.

C’mon Kool Hand Khaldoon nail it and we’re good to torch it !

✌️

I disagree. I don't get the criticism of Mahrez, i think he is a brilliant player personally.

Had we have played Mahrez a lot more throughout the season instead of persisting with Bernardo Silva on the right wing, i think we would have done a lot better and been on a better points tally, definitely.

Mahrez started 21 games and scored 11 goals, assisting 9 times in the premier league. Had he have started a similar amount to Sterling (around 30 games), he would have arguably scored about 15-16 goals and assisted about 13-14 goals altogether at the very minimum. Could have even contributed more than that.

If you weigh it up, he has contributed as much as Sterling this season. Sterling has 20 goals and 1 assist in 30 starts in the premier league. Compare that ratio to Mahrez and i would say Mahrez has certainly contributed more. It isn't like Mahrez isn't involved in build up to goals either. I bet he has numerous pre-assists which aren't recorded.

He is a vastly, VASTLY underrated player. We are lucky to have him. Joy to watch.
The last bit. He's technically one of the most gifted footballers I've ever seen strut their stuff at Maine Road or the Etihad. One complaint. He once was overly "greedy" but not too much this season.

The last bit. He's technically one of the most gifted footballers I've ever seen strut their stuff at Maine Road or the Etihad. One complaint. He once was overly "greedy" but not too much this season.

He can be a bit greedy yes, but so can Salah, so can Ronaldo and they are both top players.

Aguero can be extremely greedy, but i would not swap him for anybody.

Love Mahrez, love watching him play, i think he is very productive. Not only can he dribble past opponents 1 v 1 and get out of tight situations with quite a few players surrounding him, he is also very creative and has the ability to see a pass and play a very difficult pass. I think he is one of the top 5 wingers in the country, EASILY.

I disagree. I don't get the criticism of Mahrez, i think he is a brilliant player personally.

Had we have played Mahrez a lot more throughout the season instead of persisting with Bernardo Silva on the right wing, i think we would have done a lot better and been on a better points tally, definitely.

Mahrez started 21 games and scored 11 goals, assisting 9 times in the premier league. Had he have started a similar amount to Sterling (around 30 games), he would have arguably scored about 15-16 goals and assisted about 13-14 goals altogether at the very minimum. Could have even contributed more than that.

If you weigh it up, he has contributed as much as Sterling this season. Sterling has 20 goals and 1 assist in 30 starts in the premier league. Compare that ratio to Mahrez and i would say Mahrez has certainly contributed more. It isn't like Mahrez isn't involved in build up to goals either. I bet he has numerous pre-assists which aren't recorded.

He is a vastly, VASTLY underrated player. We are lucky to have him. Joy to watch.

Agree but wish he looked left and right to pass it at times. There again Pep may sort that out.

Agree but wish he looked left and right to pass it at times. There again Pep may sort that out.
Agreed, he is an amazing player but he still plays like he's at Leicester; i.e. that hes the big star and he needs to do everything himself. But now he has plenty of other talented players around him that can handle things just as well that he can pass to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.