New survey (Atmosphere)

Do the club have to abide by certain regulations? I really don't see how a standing section is a big ask or even dangerous

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Loukas said:
After expansion is done, move the family stand to NL3 and give a block in the centre of level 1 to 1894 group. Leave away fans where they are, and let anyone who wants to stay near them and sing stay. But anyone else who wants to get in an area like this, stand and sing can go in the north stand as well.

Then you'd have banter between our own fans, which is non existent at the minute because our two vocal areas can't hear each other. And wouldn't lose our singing section in the cup games. You'd also get more vocal fans around the pitch. And it would give us a vocal end to shoot towards rather than the family stand. And for all the people who hate the empty seats, they'd be in the 3rd tier so you wouldn't have to worry!!

The demand is definitely there (look at stewards having to check tickets from 109 to 111 because people want to sneak in!) I've looked into relocating into the south stand, but their is 3 of us and we can't get seats together. There is no point of me relocating to Collin Bell 1 or ES1 because they sit down.

Been saying this for a while, I think it would be best for a singing section to be in the north stand. It would help carry the sound better and spread around the ground rather than it all be down 1 end.

Like the idea of moving the family stand to NL3 but can't see it, if I'm honest I can't see the club making the most of this opportunity, and not really doing anything about the atmosphere.

Hope I'm wrong.

I like the idea of you fkin off ( nothing personal) and leaving the family stand where the fk it is, why should we be moved out of our seat to make way for 34 fans that want there own exclusive Stand to sing in.
What's so scary about the away fans that you want to be as far away from them as possible.. Like iv already said try filling a block 1st with these mythical thousands who want to sing all the way through the game types before you try filling a tier let alone a whole stand..
Build it and they won't come,

blingy said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
Loukas said:
After expansion is done, move the family stand to NL3 and give a block in the centre of level 1 to 1894 group. Leave away fans where they are, and let anyone who wants to stay near them and sing stay. But anyone else who wants to get in an area like this, stand and sing can go in the north stand as well.

Then you'd have banter between our own fans, which is non existent at the minute because our two vocal areas can't hear each other. And wouldn't lose our singing section in the cup games. You'd also get more vocal fans around the pitch. And it would give us a vocal end to shoot towards rather than the family stand. And for all the people who hate the empty seats, they'd be in the 3rd tier so you wouldn't have to worry!!

The demand is definitely there (look at stewards having to check tickets from 109 to 111 because people want to sneak in!) I've looked into relocating into the south stand, but their is 3 of us and we can't get seats together. There is no point of me relocating to Collin Bell 1 or ES1 because they sit down.

Been saying this for a while, I think it would be best for a singing section to be in the north stand. It would help carry the sound better and spread around the ground rather than it all be down 1 end.

Like the idea of moving the family stand to NL3 but can't see it, if I'm honest I can't see the club making the most of this opportunity, and not really doing anything about the atmosphere.

Hope I'm wrong.

I like the idea of you fkin off ( nothing personal) and leaving the family stand where the fk it is, why should we be moved out of our seat to make way for 34 fans that want there own exclusive Stand to sing in.
What's so scary about the away fans that you want to be as far away from them as possible.. Like iv already said try filling a block 1st with these mythical thousands who want to sing all the way through the game types before you try filling a tier let alone a whole stand..

34 fans?
If it was organised properly we could easily fill a stand with singers. It's just that most of us who care about the atmosphere and don't want us sittig there with prawn sandwiches are scattered around the ground and get looked at daft when we get behind our team.

Blue Note said:
blingy said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:

Hope I'm wrong.

34 fans?
If it was organised properly we could easily fill a stand with singers. It's just that most of us who care about the atmosphere and don't want us sittig there with prawn sandwiches are scattered around the ground and get looked at daft when we get behind our team.

Doubt it but that's your opinion, if there's 6k fans out there who all want to be together in a singing section why now after 10 years are they only just making themselves known.. Why haven't they moved into the seats that regular become available in the south stand to get closer to the already existing vocal sections, why haven't they sat in seats that have become available in and around 111 and where was they for west ham when by there own recognition 1894 mustered up 34 fans, like I said fill a block 1st them maybe a couple then perhaps a tier or half before you start evicting fans from there seats, if you can get some numbers to commit I'm quite sure the club will listen and put you in the blocks near the already vocal section of the south that come available in the expansion , why ppl have to have a go at the family or these prawn sandwiches ( never seen a prawn sandwich at the match in all my days like so I'm assuming these are the middle age mature people who don't turn up pissed and abusive and don't fancy bouncing around) is beyond me, people have the right to watch a match in what ever way they see fit. I'd wager the so called prawn sandwiches are hoping for this vocal section to come to life so they don't have to sit near gobsworths screaming expletives and standing up in front of them all the time, just a guess though... We are all quite civil in the family where I sit, stand when it's exiting sing when the song carries round... Just leave us be we are fine..

blingy said:
, people have the right to watch a match in what ever way they see fit.

Thats where you are going wrong, if you want to watch the match you should sit at home in front of the TV, going to the game is all about jumping about, dancing about, abusing the away fan in a pink shirt, or with a large waist, and singing and chanting like we all did every game at Maine Road, not watching the bloody game.

p.s. some of this post may contain items of irony.

Strange survey by the club. Imagine allowing fans to let rip on the shitter-than-a-shit thing catering and bar service, poor Metrolink service, Getting away from the ground after the game and the concentration of gasses (Nitogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carnon Dioxide and Xennon) at the stadium,

Quite Bizarre,

Just think. The club has massively improved in all aspects since 2008 - except the catering and bar service which are both fecking woeful, My local club (Kidderminster Harriers) have better service. Just imagine for one moment if the clubs catering had improved by the same amount as the team? Queuing for less than 5 minutes, the food and drink of your choice available till 2 mins before the second half. A trebling of the generated income cos folks would be happy to buy it...

And then I woke up.

blingy said:
Blue Note said:
blingy said:

34 fans?

Doubt it but that's your opinion, if there's 6k fans out there who all want to be together in a singing section why now after 10 years are they only just making themselves known.. Why haven't they moved into the seats that regular become available in the south stand to get closer to the already existing vocal sections, why haven't they sat in seats that have become available in and around 111 and where was they for west ham when by there own recognition 1894 mustered up 34 fans, like I said fill a block 1st them maybe a couple then perhaps a tier or half before you start evicting fans from there seats, if you can get some numbers to commit I'm quite sure the club will listen and put you in the blocks near the already vocal section of the south that come available in the expansion , why ppl have to have a go at the family or these prawn sandwiches ( never seen a prawn sandwich at the match in all my days like so I'm assuming these are the middle age mature people who don't turn up pissed and abusive and don't fancy bouncing around) is beyond me, people have the right to watch a match in what ever way they see fit. I'd wager the so called prawn sandwiches are hoping for this vocal section to come to life so they don't have to sit near gobsworths screaming expletives and standing up in front of them all the time, just a guess though... We are all quite civil in the family where I sit, stand when it's exiting sing when the song carries round... Just leave us be we are fine..

We aren't only just making ourselves known though, we have been asking for this for years. The reason a block of singer/standerss hasn't been filled yet is because most of em probably don't use Bluemoon, so they don't know about schemes such as Singing Blocks.

I don't have a problem with people wanting to just watch the game sat down, especially if they have kids. But don't knock us who want to create a better atmosphere.

Why do you automatically think singers are 'gobsworths screaming expletives'?

Blue Note said:
blingy said:
Blue Note said:
34 fans?

We aren't only just making ourselves known though, we have been asking for this for years. The reason a block of singer/standerss hasn't been filled yet is because most of em probably don't use Bluemoon, so they don't know about schemes such as Singing Blocks.

I don't have a problem with people wanting to just watch the game sat down, especially if they have kids. But don't knock us who want to create a better atmosphere.

Why do you automatically think singers are 'gobsworths screaming expletives'?

I'm not knocking any person who wants to create a better atmosphere, I quite enjoy hearing and feeling the tension and nothing beats that big match vibe that you can feel in your stomach,, all takes me back to standing in the Kippax or in some godforsaken cadge at some dodgy away ground, and it's a good experience for the young uns to feel those vibes, what I'm knocking is the shit that is thrown about to readily about the family stand and repeated statements of "the family stand should be fucked off or stuck in some corner," " family stand st holders rarely attend, it's all the family stands fault, " and if you no longer feel inclined to sing and stand for 90 min then your prawn sandwich and your shouldn't be at the game.

I also don't automatically think singers are gobsworthes, I'm automatically thinking that someone who thinks there presence at a match is much more warranted then others because they want to sing and stand and should be given the freedom of sitting where they feels is best for them whilst others get relocated is a gobsworth as they don't seem to have much regards for other fans..

Wish all the groups well that want to improve the atmosphere and experience at the ground, but not at the expense of others but like if said one persons great experience may not be another's

I think on order to improve the atmosphere we need a 'blue wall'. A group of fans who will sing their hearts out and getting behind their team. I would certainly be part of this as when I start singing I look stupid because all the other fans give me weird looks. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.