New survey (Atmosphere)

I must admit I would gladly move down from 309, if the club could guarantee that during the moving of the away fans, that the area vacated would only be occupied by people who are prepared to be vocal.

Saying that however, the accommodating of both the away fans in the South Stand and the continued concept of a Family Stand at the other end of the ground sees any attempt to improve atmosphere logistically hamstrung from the outset.

In short that family stand needs getting rid and our vocal support needs the North Stand. The away fans should have been given South Stand lower full width with Level 2 South Stand being a smaller family section sold on a game by game basis. This would prevent people buying Seasoncards for kids who rarely attend and also ensure that our vocal support is not sent to every corner of the stadium when we have Cup ties with 5,000 away fans.

Too late now though isn't it!

I'd also be willing to move from 107 if they opened a proper singing block or two. I reckon many more would too. It's very awkward for many to sing around the stadium as they are surrounded by quiet fans who almost seem to sneer at any liveliness around them.

MaineRoadBlue said:
The away fans should have been given South Stand lower full width with Level 2 South Stand being a smaller family section sold on a game by game basis. !

Some people (probably suit wearing types) would disagree with having children near the great unwashed away fans.

MaineRoadBlue said:
I must admit I would gladly move down from 309, if the club could guarantee that during the moving of the away fans, that the area vacated would only be occupied by people who are prepared to be vocal.

Saying that however, the accommodating of both the away fans in the South Stand and the continued concept of a Family Stand at the other end of the ground sees any attempt to improve atmosphere logistically hamstrung from the outset.

In short that family stand needs getting rid and our vocal support needs the North Stand. The away fans should have been given South Stand lower full width with Level 2 South Stand being a smaller family section sold on a game by game basis. This would prevent people buying Seasoncards for kids who rarely attend and also ensure that our vocal support is not sent to every corner of the stadium when we have Cup ties with 5,000 away fans.

Too late now though isn't it!

I think you will find that the family stand is 80% minimum full for all league games, ( well certainly looks that way from where I sit in the family stand) with a maximum of 0.1% of people rarely attending, admittedly some don't attend at times but rarely suggests hardly ever which just is not true what so ever.

The concept that these misterious vocal supporters will then flock to the south stand in there thousands is another thing I'd think is mythical , as the last couple of attempts that the 1894 group had at getting a vocal group together ended up with 34 (I think ) joining them (not knocking what that are trying to do btw) so where the other 5 thousand will come from is anybody guess.

Can't see what's preventing the two areas we have already (eather side of the away fans ) that are known for being vocal can't be extended or set aside for those who want to be vocal, what is this big thing about needing to be moved to a alternate area of the ground let alone as far away as posable from the main accelerant for creating a atmosphere that is the away fans.

Ever since I've been watching city from the 80s the most vocal parts of the stadium have always been each side of the away fans , chanters corner - cadge - platt lane then when the away fans moved to the north stand it was the north stand and the Kippax corner that was more vocal stands.
Granted other clubs have it different with the Kop and the Stratford end and such but iv always known city's vocal supporters to be located next to the away fans and bounce of them.. Nothing better then seeing the whites of the eyes of the fans that are taunting each other especially when you go one up and can see them gutted after exclaiming there team to be the best in the land,
Also Can't see what's up with making the blocks from 117 across vocal and trying to fill them blocks before attempting to fill a whole stand with people who want to be vocal who may or may not exist .
Isn't 111 and blocks next to and 117 and blocks next too supposed to be the vocal stands , do we not then already have vocal blocks??

Ps leave the family stand alone there the future and obviously good revenue for the club otherwise it wouldn't be there. When ever there's something that someone sees wrong at city it's always blame the family stand..

To all you blues that really care about the lack of atmosphere in the stadium, I'm with you and I'm all for creating a better one,

But, the simple truth of the matter is that too many supporters can't be arsed to help create an atmosphere. Instead, many prefer to sit in their seat with a transfixed stare of inane expectancy that City will thrash every side at home by at least 4 goals! I think too many wait for the team to perform to inspire them to sing, rather than us inspiring the team to perform. When we next score a goal at home, look around to see that many can barely be arsed to stand up whilst they politely applaud , it's as though they are in the Palace theatre instead of a football stadium. Many real football supporters are being priced out by the glory hunting 'Johnny come lately types that are oblivious and apathetic to how we blues used to be as real supporters. Sorry but I feel that we are collectively morphing into the monster that the rags created, and that is an arrogant contemptuous view of other supporters as we(well some) mockingly sing "We'll but you club, and burn it down".

We are a million miles away from being the(collectively) grounded gallows humoured supporters at Maine road, that would cheer our team of no hopers winning a corner louder than we now cheer an average goal!

bluemoon risin' said:
Sorry but I feel that we are collectively morphing into the monster that the rags created, and that is an arrogant contemptuous view of other supporters as we(well some) mockingly sing "We'll but you club, and burn it down".

We are a million miles away from being the(collectively) grounded gallows humoured supporters at Maine road, that would cheer our team of no hopers winning a corner louder than we now cheer an average goal!

I fucking hate the "I'm such a massive blue that I think the rest of you are shit fans" bollocks that indignant chumps on the internet like to spout.

Especially when it's partnered with the delusion that Maine Road was some big happy arms-around-the-shoulders we-are-family cauldron of passion every week.

Why don't you fuck off to bury or Stockport or whatever and join all the other spotty bell ends wearing jesters hats and laughing their underused little cocks off at how shit their team is?

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Sorry but I feel that we are collectively morphing into the monster that the rags created, and that is an arrogant contemptuous view of other supporters as we(well some) mockingly sing "We'll but you club, and burn it down".

I fucking hate the "I'm such a massive blue that I think the rest of you are shit fans" bollocks that indignant chumps on the internet like to spout.

Especially when it's partnered with the delusion that Maine Road was some big happy arms-around-the-shoulders we-are-family cauldron of passion every week.

Why don't you fuck off to bury or Stockport or whatever and join all the other spotty bell ends wearing jesters hats and laughing their underused little cocks off at how shit their team is?
How does fuck off twat face sound! ?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that as long as we have the main bulk of atmosphere generating fans 'split' then we will struggle to get a good atmosphere on all but the big games. Worse still any club who bring a noisy support of more than 1500 will drown out any noise generated by the 1200 or so who stand in the east stand lower

For the big games the atmosphere looks after itself, the problem is to get a consistent atmosphere for the 'smaller' games and IMO the only way we can do this is by combining the noisy element of our support into one area
COMBINE THE 2 SINGING SECTIONS

There seems to be a number of options for this, but we see week in / week out at away games that a smaller number of fans can generate an incredible noise if the supporters are under a roof therefore amplifying the sound.
GOOD NOISE NEEDS TO BE CLOSE TO THE ROOF

We also see that relocating the city support from the south stand to accommodate large numbers of away support for cup games has a negative effect on the city atmosphere
DO NOT MOVE THE NOISY CITY SUPPORT FROM THEIR USUAL AREA TO ACCOMMODATE LARGER AWAY FOLLOWING

I think we would all love to see one end full of an atmosphere generating city following as at Dortmund, but the only way that's going to happen at the Etihad is by either moving the away fans (not going to happen due to police concerns) or relocating the family stand. Probably not going to happen due to the investment in the family stand and family orientated city square behind. Although the family stand could be relocated from level 2 to the lower tier and expanded around the closer blocks of east & CB stands.
THIS WOULD LEAVE THE NEW 3RD TIER OF THE NORTH STAND TO BE A CITY END

Another option for using the 3rd tier as a CITY END could be at the south stand. This could create issues for the away fans location / police preference as mentioned above, but, if the whole of the SS lower tier was for away support (the 6 blocks total approx 3,600 seats) the 3rd tier could be a very noisy place due to the roof/combined singing support and being above the away fans. Also the spread of away support can be detrimental to them creating a solid atmosphere as away fans find out when playing at wolves (getting that full side is crap for making any kind of noise)
CITYS MAIN VOCAL SUPPORT TO RELOCATE TO THE NEW 3RD. TIER OF SOUTH STAND GIVING THE WHOLE BTTM TIER OF SS TO AWAY FANS

IMO opinion these are the requirements and the relative options for improving our atmosphere. I just hope we don't do anything cringy like cues from the big screens or something similar

ellibb said:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that as long as we have the main bulk of atmosphere generating fans 'split' then we will struggle to get a good atmosphere on all but the big games. Worse still any club who bring a noisy support of more than 1500 will drown out any noise generated by the 1200 or so who stand in the east stand lower

For the big games the atmosphere looks after itself, the problem is to get a consistent atmosphere for the 'smaller' games and IMO the only way we can do this is by combining the noisy element of our support into one area
COMBINE THE 2 SINGING SECTIONS

There seems to be a number of options for this, but we see week in / week out at away games that a smaller number of fans can generate an incredible noise if the supporters are under a roof therefore amplifying the sound.
GOOD NOISE NEEDS TO BE CLOSE TO THE ROOF

We also see that relocating the city support from the south stand to accommodate large numbers of away support for cup games has a negative effect on the city atmosphere
DO NOT MOVE THE NOISY CITY SUPPORT FROM THEIR USUAL AREA TO ACCOMMODATE LARGER AWAY FOLLOWING

I think we would all love to see one end full of an atmosphere generating city following as at Dortmund, but the only way that's going to happen at the Etihad is by either moving the away fans (not going to happen due to police concerns) or relocating the family stand. Probably not going to happen due to the investment in the family stand and family orientated city square behind. Although the family stand could be relocated from level 2 to the lower tier and expanded around the closer blocks of east & CB stands.
THIS WOULD LEAVE THE NEW 3RD TIER OF THE NORTH STAND TO BE A CITY END

Another option for using the 3rd tier as a CITY END could be at the south stand. This could create issues for the away fans location / police preference as mentioned above, but, if the whole of the SS lower tier was for away support (the 6 blocks total approx 3,600 seats) the 3rd tier could be a very noisy place due to the roof/combined singing support and being above the away fans. Also the spread of away support can be detrimental to them creating a solid atmosphere as away fans find out when playing at wolves (getting that full side is crap for making any kind of noise)
CITYS MAIN VOCAL SUPPORT TO RELOCATE TO THE NEW 3RD. TIER OF SOUTH STAND GIVING THE WHOLE BTTM TIER OF SS TO AWAY FANS

IMO opinion these are the requirements and the relative options for improving our atmosphere. I just hope we don't do anything cringy like cues from the big screens or something similar

Would there be a Problem with giving any away fans a whole tier be the entrances , are they not staggered from recollection. 2 entrances to access the top tier two the lower tier then again two top tied two lower tier, would be logistic nightmare having away fans entering and exiting at two different locations of the ground.

But like already been said there will be the opertunity for vocal support to move into the blockes that will be vacated by the away fans moving over three tiers, but I don't see it happening tbh, and if it did we would have the same problems the away fans have today with the songs being split over three tiers, the song will be over b4 the top tier even here's it. ( I was in the tiers above the 1894 for west ham and could hardly here a thing from them, but when watching in on tv later they was quite loude for the numbers) and I can't see the vocal guys from 111 who have more then made enough noise in the stadium over the last 10 years wanting to move from there prominent position to another position on the say so of some who want to create a vocal section, as they already have a vocal section.
If they did move you would find the same area but different people remaining a vocal area as this is what happens when two sets of fans are put next to each other it's no coincidence that the two vocal sections are each side of the away fans, there will always be that split.

Think the best bet would be for the club to convince the st holders in the bottom of the south stand to relocate unless prepared to stand and sing, or at least not to complain should they wish to remain, then posabley do the same on level two should we suddenly find all these people who want to be vocal, then tier three if the other two work, leaving the away fans with a small strip of 1 block running from level 1 to 3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.