New survey (Atmosphere)

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Swap the away fans with the corner (110/111/212/211)

Can any one point out why this could not be done?

Think the club was asked this b4 and mentioned the entrances exits again being a safety thing with the spirals being the prominent concern, as the spiral is designed to take away more then a couple of blocks from each tier.

Playing shite and getting relegated normally does the trick.
Every time we pile forward everyone's up out of their seat and stops singing.

Away fans should be kept where they are. Us vocal supporters standing near them have banter with them which generates more chanting. This would be lost if the vocal fans and away fans where separated apart in the ground and we would lose more atmosphere. The whole tier 1 of the east stand should be made safe standing.

Get rid of the buffer of sat down quiet bandwagon city fans between the noisy corner of the east/south stand and the away fans when the away team send some of there ticket allocation back.

After expansion is done, move the family stand to NL3 and give a block in the centre of level 1 to 1894 group. Leave away fans where they are, and let anyone who wants to stay near them and sing stay. But anyone else who wants to get in an area like this, stand and sing can go in the north stand as well.

Then you'd have banter between our own fans, which is non existent at the minute because our two vocal areas can't hear each other. And wouldn't lose our singing section in the cup games. You'd also get more vocal fans around the pitch. And it would give us a vocal end to shoot towards rather than the family stand. And for all the people who hate the empty seats, they'd be in the 3rd tier so you wouldn't have to worry!!

The demand is definitely there (look at stewards having to check tickets from 109 to 111 because people want to sneak in!) I've looked into relocating into the south stand, but their is 3 of us and we can't get seats together. There is no point of me relocating to Collin Bell 1 or ES1 because they sit down.

The problem is the football at times is mesmerising, It literally makes me speechless.
Maybe if we started playing s**t football then the atmosphere would improve.

Loukas said:
After expansion is done, move the family stand to NL3 and give a block in the centre of level 1 to 1894 group. Leave away fans where they are, and let anyone who wants to stay near them and sing stay. But anyone else who wants to get in an area like this, stand and sing can go in the north stand as well.

Then you'd have banter between our own fans, which is non existent at the minute because our two vocal areas can't hear each other. And wouldn't lose our singing section in the cup games. You'd also get more vocal fans around the pitch. And it would give us a vocal end to shoot towards rather than the family stand. And for all the people who hate the empty seats, they'd be in the 3rd tier so you wouldn't have to worry!!

The demand is definitely there (look at stewards having to check tickets from 109 to 111 because people want to sneak in!) I've looked into relocating into the south stand, but their is 3 of us and we can't get seats together. There is no point of me relocating to Collin Bell 1 or ES1 because they sit down.

Been saying this for a while, I think it would be best for a singing section to be in the north stand. It would help carry the sound better and spread around the ground rather than it all be down 1 end.

Like the idea of moving the family stand to NL3 but can't see it, if I'm honest I can't see the club making the most of this opportunity, and not really doing anything about the atmosphere.

Hope I'm wrong.

Safe standing is not realistic, it would be brilliant if it came back but there is too much of a stigma attached to standing at UK football games unfortunately.

If we had sound coming from all 4 corners then I think that would help massively in bringing the rest of each stand into the game. Not only this but In the middle of Colin Bell and the East stand you have massive corporate areas, press boxes and TV gantry's that just simply will not add to the atmosphere no matter what you do.

So my idea would be to allocate the away fans into one corner of the ground, across 2 tiers, then in the 2 corners either side split the rest of the south stand up, with the other singing fans who make up the base of the east stand going into the other corner.

jimbopm said:
Safe standing is not realistic, it would be brilliant if it came back

Came back? it's never been here.

The Football League and the Prem desperately need Rail Seating as Fans are already stood just without the added protection of rails for every row.

I agree, I can't see it happening as daft rag twats who are in power (such as Helen Grant) don't want it and won't allow it (as it won't benefit their pockets) but it would help supporters alot (increasing attendances, thus reducing ticket prices)

Seating killed off football, it really is just a "theatre" type experience now and the more it continues and progresses like this the less likely I'll be paying to watch it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.