New Ticket Prices!

Dubai Blue said:
bluenova said:
After all the fuss that was made about lower season ticket prices and how we had the best owners in the world, i'm quite surprised at the abuse the OP has faced.

I can understand it not being an issue for ST holders, and that those who don't have the daft belief that everyone can afford one might just not be bothered about contributing to this thread. I am a bit surprised that more people aren't in the same position (city card/access card holders) of facing a hike in prices - maybe people think they are going to get battered down with a "you're just not as good a fan as me" backlash (which appears to be the case for the OP). People all live in different circumstances - and it's really disappointing to have so many people who clearly don't give a s**t about their fellow fans. Still - I do remember reading that many people don't fully develop empathy until they're in their mid 20's so maybe I'm being harsh.

As for the ticket prices, I don't fully understand how the price increases work as we've seen £2, £4, and £10 quoted. I wonder if more of the seats have been allocated to the top price bracket than last year? I've got a city card, and the same seat, on the same row, I bought for last years Chelsea game appears to be nearly ten quid dearer for the Arsenal game.

Can anyone on the inside give us the full facts?
Someone said the Chelsea game wasn't CAT A last year, so the Arsenal game might not be a direct comparison. Don't know if that's correct though.

I think the issue some people have with the OP is that he said he goes to every single home game. If that is the case, he is paying way more in total than he needs to. And that would've been the case even without any price increases. The club have put into place a scheme to help people in his situation who can't afford to fork out a lump sum. If he chooses to ignore that option, then unfortunately he's just gonna have to get used to paying way over the odds.

Look Dubai Blue.

As you can see i am the OP. And in all fairness i like to get the rections of pretty much all my fellow blues to any of my threads, but of all the responces my post has recieved, your's seem to be the most narrow minded. You really do adopt that "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

1. i'm tired of saying this now but it's NOT the fact there has been a price increase which bothers me. But the SIZE of the increase. If the owners stuck on an extra couple of quid on top every season....fair doo's But a tenner is taking the piss. And although i have seen some people debate weather it has gone up thet much, well i can only speek for where i sit in the 3rd tier. I know the MCFC box office manager quite well (as you can imagine for someone who gets all his tickets as singles from there every season) and he tells me it's not just these games (wolves & Arsenal) but ALL of them for the coming campaign.

2. As i have also repeatedly stated, I simply cannot (like thousands of our fellow blues) afford to spend between 5 and 6 hundred quid upfront for a season ticket. Which brings me to my next point....

3. The whole Zebra finance loan deal is only good for some. Not for all. I simply refuse to do the direct debit thing. I hate the idea of someone taking a set amount of cash out of my bank account. What if i don't have enough to cover it for a particular month? I get overdrawn. No thanks. Plus some people, believe it or not, don't even have (or even want) a bank account.

I saw a post earlier which rightly states that City is, and always has been, A working mans Football club. However unfortunately, sooner rather than later, It's less "well off" fan simply won't be able to afford a ticket. And the ground will be full of fans who are Real fans lucky enough to be in a more sound financial situation. And sadly a large number of Corperate Execs and PLASTIC fans, Simply jumping on the City band wagon. Which i think is a real shame.

I've alredy had to fend off jibes from bitter Evertonians that our beloved club has lost it's soul. Unless we make our voices heard about ticket prices now. That may well happen!!! :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.