New Ticket Prices!

mancitymick said:
Look at the bigger picture. Fantastic new players, free concerts, free open days, Games streams on the OS. There are still season tickets available. Get one through Zebra finance and pay for it monthly over ten months. Any games you cant atend put on seat exchange. SIMPLES
Ok I forget we will still have staff who cant speak English selling bobbins SINGHA beer and that tripe Dodgybet but things are still far better

For the cheapest Spurs seasoncard it is £850.00 (my friend is a spurs fan) and there's a waiting list of 22,000 so in comparison price wise and in terms of availability we should be snapping them up!

mancitymick said:
mancitymick said:
Look at the bigger picture. Fantastic new players, free concerts, free open days, Games streams on the OS. There are still season tickets available. Get one through Zebra finance and pay for it monthly over ten months. Any games you cant atend put on seat exchange. SIMPLES
Ok I forget we will still have staff who cant speak English selling bobbins SINGHA beer and that tripe Dodgybet but things are still far better

Digibet has gone for this season hasn't it

After all the fuss that was made about lower season ticket prices and how we had the best owners in the world, i'm quite surprised at the abuse the OP has faced.

I can understand it not being an issue for ST holders, and that those who don't have the daft belief that everyone can afford one might just not be bothered about contributing to this thread. I am a bit surprised that more people aren't in the same position (city card/access card holders) of facing a hike in prices - maybe people think they are going to get battered down with a "you're just not as good a fan as me" backlash (which appears to be the case for the OP). People all live in different circumstances - and it's really disappointing to have so many people who clearly don't give a s**t about their fellow fans. Still - I do remember reading that many people don't fully develop empathy until they're in their mid 20's so maybe I'm being harsh.

As for the ticket prices, I don't fully understand how the price increases work as we've seen £2, £4, and £10 quoted. I wonder if more of the seats have been allocated to the top price bracket than last year? I've got a city card, and the same seat, on the same row, I bought for last years Chelsea game appears to be nearly ten quid dearer for the Arsenal game.

Can anyone on the inside give us the full facts?

bluenova said:
After all the fuss that was made about lower season ticket prices and how we had the best owners in the world, i'm quite surprised at the abuse the OP has faced.

I can understand it not being an issue for ST holders, and that those who don't have the daft belief that everyone can afford one might just not be bothered about contributing to this thread. I am a bit surprised that more people aren't in the same position (city card/access card holders) of facing a hike in prices - maybe people think they are going to get battered down with a "you're just not as good a fan as me" backlash (which appears to be the case for the OP). People all live in different circumstances - and it's really disappointing to have so many people who clearly don't give a s**t about their fellow fans. Still - I do remember reading that many people don't fully develop empathy until they're in their mid 20's so maybe I'm being harsh.

As for the ticket prices, I don't fully understand how the price increases work as we've seen £2, £4, and £10 quoted. I wonder if more of the seats have been allocated to the top price bracket than last year? I've got a city card, and the same seat, on the same row, I bought for last years Chelsea game appears to be nearly ten quid dearer for the Arsenal game.

Can anyone on the inside give us the full facts?
Someone said the Chelsea game wasn't CAT A last year, so the Arsenal game might not be a direct comparison. Don't know if that's correct though.

I think the issue some people have with the OP is that he said he goes to every single home game. If that is the case, he is paying way more in total than he needs to. And that would've been the case even without any price increases. The club have put into place a scheme to help people in his situation who can't afford to fork out a lump sum. If he chooses to ignore that option, then unfortunately he's just gonna have to get used to paying way over the odds.

I think the club need to put ticket prices for all category games A*, A, B etc on the new website like they did on the old website. Because I was unaware until I did a bit of searching that for 18-21 age band ticket in 3rd tier against Arsenal is £35 instead of £46

mancitymick said:
mancitymick said:
Ladbrokes this year mate :P

Basically, prices are good for seasoncard holders...

Prices are not good for citycard/accesscard holders...

To the people saying 'tough shit' to those who cant afford a seasoncard or can only attend a few games each season are severely out of order... and you should remember that we are all city fans and all share the same passion for our club...

Yes the club have spent 100m on new signings, but charging higher prices to non-seasoncard holders is going to earn the club less than £500,000 extra over the season, which is pittance to our owners, but a lot to individual supporters. The real money comes from television rights.

It would be nice for the club to reward all fans, rather than just the seasoncard holders, I am not saying to decrease the prices but a price freeze would be well recieved by all citycard/accesscard holders. £46 a ticket for the Arsenal game is extreme, and it makes it not possible for fans to bring their children/family to the game...

TevezIsACaveman said:
Basically, prices are good for seasoncard holders...

Prices are not good for citycard/accesscard holders...

To the people saying 'tough shit' to those who cant afford a seasoncard or can only attend a few games each season are severely out of order... and you should remember that we are all city fans and all share the same passion for our club...

Yes the club have spent 100m on new signings, but charging higher prices to non-seasoncard holders is going to earn the club less than £500,000 extra over the season, which is pittance to our owners, but a lot to individual supporters. The real money comes from television rights.

It would be nice for the club to reward all fans, rather than just the seasoncard holders, I am not saying to decrease the prices but a price freeze would be well recieved by all citycard/accesscard holders. £46 a ticket for the Arsenal game is extreme, and it makes it not possible for fans to bring their children/family to the game...

I'm not a seasoncard holder, so I'm not skewed to be on 'that' side. Infact I'm a poor student who can't probably afford to go to all the games this year due to the prices. But yet, I think it is common sense to raise the prices as they did.

Firstly, rewarding season card holders is the BEST way to reward the true fan. If you lower all the prices, you actually hurt some fans, because City is, and will be even more, subject to football tourism.

Secondly, who's to say £20 is a fair price for a ticket? Maybe I only have £18 in my pocket, and can't go - won't make a difference if it's £20 or £40. There'll always be people who can't go.

The price has to be set accordingly following economic principles of filling the stadium and getting as much income as possible. Wolves nearly sold out now, can't say the club are struggling with attendances.. If the tickets were half the price, not all fans would still be able to go, as there just wouldn't be enough space.

It's a capitalist world, if you want fairness of this sort, you really ought to look towards communism..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.