new training facility

Re: Big MCFC announcement today

Zonalmarking said:
flb said:
Zonalmarking said:
I think that these training facilities will be excellent for the local communities, if they are allowed to use them for free, but I have a few questions regarding making this the new training ground.

Most footballers live out in the suburbs, which has easy access to the Carrington training complex...Wilmslow, Hale, Bowden, Alderley Edge, Poynton, Mottram etc... Driving into Town in morning rush hour traffic will be a pain in the arse, unless they have some sort of helipad setup that can pick them up in Wilmslow or summat?

Polution, a training complex in Manchester City center which is clogged up with car fumes and industrial noise, seems abit grim to me. I can see the first team staying where they are and leaving this complex to the kids.

I dont have a problem driving into work in a morning from A to B so i dont really get your point about why multi millionaires would be bothered in doing the same,its the complex for ALL of MCFC's teams including the first team.

City used to be at Platt Lane,United at the Cliff,hardly out in the countryside away from pollution was it.

Come on Zonal try and stick the knife in a little better than that fella,that was tame!

I'm in the property industry. I know my stuff.

Platt Lane and the Cliff are not in the city center. Platt lane is part of 6 acres of park land and is located a good distance away from the polution of Wilmslow road. Traffic would have been an issue on the M56 of a morning, which is probably one of the reasons why they moved to carrington.

The cliff training ground is in the Irwell valley, which is pretty quiet and secluded. Although, again a problem to get to as players mostly live out in the Cheshire suburbs.

I'm not saying that what they are trying to achieve at the Etihad complex is fundamentally flawed, but the proposed brownfeld sites, are contaminated with hundreds of years of industrial chemicals, underground chambers and mines. It is going to cost hundreds of millions of pounds just to get the ground ready before they can even lay a sod of turf. Whereas, if they built the complex in Carrington, it would cost them a fraction of the current proposals and would be more conducive to the geograpical dynamic of the players and staff.

As a Mancunian, I fully support the proposals, as the surrounding area is a complete dump and something needs to be done about it ASAP. I don't like the fact that visitors to the City pass through these areas on the way to the match or a concert, so this will be a million per cent improvement, but the way they are going about it is abit like trying to drag the titanic over a mountain, when there's plenty of water in the sea.

Perhaps you don't quite understand the benefit of having it right next to the stadium, where the club offices are in the same location as the training ground. And key, the sponsorship "etihad campus"

Zonalmarking said:
Most footballers live out in the suburbs, which has easy access to the Carrington training complex...Wilmslow, Hale, Bowden, Alderley Edge, Poynton, Mottram etc... Driving into Town in morning rush hour traffic will be a pain in the arse, unless they have some sort of helipad setup that can pick them up in Wilmslow or summat?
City Express from Prestbury station every morning, returning at 2pm

Zonalmarking said:
flb said:
Zonalmarking said:
I think that these training facilities will be excellent for the local communities, if they are allowed to use them for free, but I have a few questions regarding making this the new training ground.

Polution, a training complex in Manchester City center which is clogged up with car fumes and industrial noise, seems abit grim to me. I can see the first team staying where they are and leaving this complex to the kids.

I dont have a problem driving into work in a morning from A to B so i dont really get your point about why multi millionaires would be bothered in doing the same,its the complex for ALL of MCFC's teams including the first team.

City used to be at Platt Lane,United at the Cliff,hardly out in the countryside away from pollution was it.

Come on Zonal try and stick the knife in a little better than that fella,that was tame!

I'm in the property industry. I know my stuff.
Platt Lane and the Cliff are not in the city center. Platt lane is part of 6 acres of park land and is located a good distance away from the polution of Wilmslow road. Traffic would have been an issue on the M56 of a morning, which is probably one of the reasons why they moved to carrington.

The cliff training ground is in the Irwell valley, which is pretty quiet and secluded. Although, again a problem to get to as players mostly live out in the Cheshire suburbs.

I'm not saying that what they are trying to achieve at the Etihad complex is fundamentally flawed, but the proposed brownfeld sites, are contaminated with hundreds of years of industrial chemicals, underground chambers and mines. It is going to cost hundreds of millions of pounds just to get the ground ready before they can even lay a sod of turf. Whereas, if they built the complex in Carrington, it would cost them a fraction of the current proposals and would be more conducive to the geograpical dynamic of the players and staff.

As a Mancunian, I fully support the proposals, as the surrounding area is a complete dump and something needs to be done about it ASAP. I don't like the fact that visitors to the City pass through these areas on the way to the match or a concert, so this will be a million per cent improvement, but the way they are going about it is abit like trying to drag the titanic over a mountain, when there's plenty of water in the sea.

You obviously know more than our owners and board as well.

Well done.

It's all part of the master plan. Phase 2 will see Sheikh Mansour converting the gas holder on Bradford Rd into a summer palace and all down there is going to be an exclusive executive gated enclave with loads of restaurants (hand-picked by Carlos) and its own micro-climate where it only rains in the middle of the night.

I did hear that eventually lorrys would'nt be allowed down the new road, apparently the old road would be thier route....makes a bit of sense now in light of the training complex and a brand new road being built with trams on it.

i'm with Tolmie..bit underwhelmed...really hope that ain't the bridge/walkway style. They say the bmx centre cost £24mill....must be something else inside cause the building itself looks pretty shit....loooks like the Tennis gaffs (looks like a Plumb Center) bigger brother.

Fat Chance said:
I did hear that eventually lorrys would'nt be allowed down the new road, apparently the old road would be thier route....makes a bit of sense now in light of the training complex and a brand new road being built with trams on it.

i'm with Tolmie..bit underwhelmed...really hope that ain't the bridge/walkway style. They say the bmx centre cost £24mill....must be something else inside cause the building itself looks pretty shit....loooks like the Tennis gaffs (looks like a Plumb Center) bigger brother.

Underwhelmed? Are we really are becoming so spoilt that this project is thought of in those terms?

This will be the best training & youth development centre in the world FFS.

What do you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel window...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.