New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

ianw16 said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:
wilky2868 said:
2500 miles??, fuck all that, try getting to crystal palace on a monday night, now thats a mission

Well to give you an idea of the travel differences between MLS and EPL, I live in Fort Worth, TX so the closest team to me is FC Dallas. If I wanted to travel to a away match, the closest for me would be the Houston Dynamo. It would be a 267 mile drive to Houston. The longest distance between two EPL teams is Newcastle/Southampton at 328 miles.

You think New England to Seattle is bad? Try some of the trips in the southern hemisphere Super Rugby competition! Must be the most far flung tournament in the world. Take the Highlanders (Dunedin, NZ) playing the Blue Bulls (Pretoria, SA); 11 182 KM, or 7000 miles, near as makes no difference. Not to mention about 10 hours time difference and the 4000+ feet difference in altitude. Not an easy away trip!
But have they ever been to Stoke on a cold Wednesday night?

ianw16 said:
MC_fan_in_Texas said:
wilky2868 said:
2500 miles??, fuck all that, try getting to crystal palace on a monday night, now thats a mission[/quote
Well to give you an idea of the travel differences between MLS and EPL, I live in Fort Worth, TX so the closest team to me is FC Dallas. If I wanted to travel to a away match, the closest for me would be the Houston Dynamo. It would be a 267 mile drive to Houston. The longest distance between two EPL teams is Newcastle/Southampton at 328 miles.

You think New England to Seattle is bad? Try some of the trips in the southern hemisphere Super Rugby competition! Must be the most far flung tournament in the world. Take the Highlanders (Dunedin, NZ) playing the Blue Bulls (Pretoria, SA); 11 182 KM, or 7000 miles, near as makes no difference. Not to mention about 10 hours time difference and the 4000+ feet difference in altitude. Not an easy away trip!
I swear to god if that was a fixture over here someone would come on and say ,its a good chance for those on low loyalty points to boost them up

Very enjoyable, it'll be good to watch some of our youngsters out there.

They seem to have a really solid team spirit, love the passion shown by David Villa as well.

Im hooked

The Northern Baptist said:

They seem to have a really solid team spirit, love the passion shown by David Villa as well.

Im hooked

Best thing about the MLS is the tail gate parties before and after the game. Imagine everyone in the car park at City turning up in the car park with the gas tanks 3 hours before the game (granted in warmer months) all being able to get the BBQ and beers out and making their own entertainment and generally just getting pissed (without the nastiness and aggression) then being able to drink during the game (yes when watching at the same time) and then another few beers after the game to let the traffic die down..... no wonder there is a great atmosphere!

In England the clubs would not allow it as City Square would be a ghost town and not much food would be bought inside the ground with large numbers eating their own food outside. The dibble too, would not be up for it. Asda would though!
[bigimg]http://www.andrialo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/09_49ers_tailgating_TheBoldItalic_AndriaLo.jpg[/bigimg]

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Im hooked

Best thing about the MLS is the tail gate parties before and after the game. Imagine everyone in the car park at City turning up in the car park with the gas tanks 3 hours before the game (granted in warmer months) all being able to get the BBQ and beers out and making their own entertainment and generally just getting pissed (without the nastiness and aggression) then being able to drink during the game (yes when watching at the same time) and then another few beers after the game to let the traffic die down..... no wonder there is a great atmosphere!

In England the clubs would not allow it as City Square would be a ghost town and not much food would be bought inside the ground with large numbers eating their own food outside. The dibble too, would not be up for it. Asda would though!
[bigimg]http://www.andrialo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/09_49ers_tailgating_TheBoldItalic_AndriaLo.jpg[/bigimg]

You put up a tailgaiting photo of the 49'ers? My word.

Im hooked

Me as well. I'm genuinely surprised at how attached this team I've become so quickly.

acquiesce said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Im hooked

You put up a tailgaiting photo of the 49'ers? My word.
Didn't have a clue who they supported - was just the best picture I could find.

Perhaps of interest is this article in todays Financial Times:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/326f6abc-cd74-11e4-a15a-00144feab7de.html#slide0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/326f6abc-cd74 ... tml#slide0</a>

SilverFox2 said:
Perhaps of interest is this article in todays Financial Times:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/326f6abc-cd74-11e4-a15a-00144feab7de.html#slide0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/326f6abc-cd74 ... tml#slide0</a>
Can you post it up I carnt see owt thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.