New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

nalari said:
I thought this was a decent read—New Yorker magazine piece on an American NYCFC supporter's take on the games at Yankee Stadium. A little snippet about City (i.e. MCFC) as well.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/history-free-soccer-at-yankee-stadium?mbid=rss

No history! We've heard that before... Never thought of it as a positive.

Nice article!

I am actually enjoying watching them. Not just because of the familiar aspects (kits, possession with no end product, Eastern European target man with no touch being asked to participate in the buildup, terrible crossing,defensive howlers leading to late dropped points, etc.)

No, it is just a way to enjoy a football match without all the weight and pressure and negativity that go with the high stakes we always play for now.

Plus it will be a nice way to deal with summer football withdrawal.

NYCFC scoreless at half at home against Portland. Loads of shots, many corners. No Nemec in the XI, which is good, but all the corners might have played to the only thing he can do.

I like this Calle at Left Back - good on the ball, good eye for a pass, great left foot. Taylor looks a bad injury.

C'mon our NY cousins! Need a result! Get Poku on ASAP by the way. I don't care for whom.

They're so toothless. We should have just let Lampard go there for all we've used him in 2015 and they should have signed a third designated player because they clearly need some real quality. Some serious mismanagement, 0 DPs on the pitch today with Villa injured. If they're not careful they might lose some of the big support they've started with.

Bit of a bad run this. Desperately in need of a result. And to stop conceding goals late in the game. 0-1 FT.

LoveCity said:
They're so toothless. We should have just let Lampard go there for all we've used him in 2015 and they should have signed a third designated player because they clearly need some real quality. Some serious mismanagement, 0 DPs on the pitch today with Villa injured. If they're not careful they might lose some of the big support they've started with.

In retrospect very much this. Would have obviously saved a lot of bad PR also.

They should get Lamps over there roughly one day after City clinch a CL spot. He would make an enormous difference for the on-field product obviously.

I think they will improve a lot, to be honest. That League - though fun to watch - is about League 1 quality. Lamps + Villa playing there later this summer will be extremely difficult for whomever they play to deal with. Surely they will make the playoffs, as more or less the whole MLS does anyway.

Last Sunday at the Manchester City vs West Ham .
I saw a lad in a New York City home shirt .
Where can i get one these home shirts .
Looked on the New York City website and all the usual outlets like Kitbag and subside sports .

baildon blue said:
Last Sunday at the Manchester City vs West Ham .
I saw a lad in a New York City home shirt .
Where can i get one these home shirts .
Looked on the New York City website and all the usual outlets like Kitbag and subside sports .

mlsstore.com

If you sign up to receive their promotional emails they will give you 10% off your first order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.