New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Well I'm not alone then... I was banned from that forum as I was simply having banter with members on their live chat about how NYC were typical city, as in losing regularly.
I had taken to watching NYC but have been put off and unwelcomed by many apparent supporters of that club on their forum.
Don't you think its funny how I've been on forums for 15+ years or something, ran my own forums/moderated and have never been banned - yet I go on nycfcforums and get banned?

Their forum has left a bad taste in my mouth about nycfc.
On my planned trip to New York in the near future I'll probably now attend a Ice Hockey game rather than a English League Two level soccer game in a baseball arena.

Apart from a couple of fuckwits, who have an agenda due to their support for other English team, their forum isn't too bad. They have a huge chip on their shoulder but mostly they're a decent bunch, the guy who set it up is a City fan who talks a lot of sense. I think there's a different culture of supporting over there and they don't get our abrasive humor, easily offended.

How is that even possible when they've only been in existence a year?

They are yanks and therefore irrelevant in football anyway

I'm surprised some of you are even engaging with them...they are not exactly our peers are they?

Chips on their shoulder over their allegiances to other English teams, namely the bin dippers. The irrelevant Yanks seemed to have a better World Cup than us. I have an interest in football worldwide.

My problem with the NYCFC Forums are not in the specific but in the fact that it is full of NYCFC fans. In 5 years time or so it will probably be great like the Melbourne lads.
Spot on regarding the Melbourne lot. Fair enough there was some opposition to the rebrand, We can get that as they had been around for some years previous but since then they've got behind the club and made all City fans welcome. They've even contributed some good posters to this forum, Heartman sticks out in particular.

Spot on regarding the Melbourne lot. Fair enough there was some opposition to the rebrand, We can get that as they had been around for some years previous but since then they've got behind the club and made all City fans welcome. They've even contributed some good posters to this forum, Heartman sticks out in particular.

Never seen the Melbourne forum, do you have a link?

Never seen the Melbourne forum, do you have a link?
http://forum.melbournefootball.com - It's a little basic as to be expected and although there may be a few anti CFG voices on the whole they've been a lot more welcoming than the LFC New York branch. I've been a member on the NYC forums for over a year now and although there are some great posters, some who know a lot about football some who know little, as always the ones with negative opinions are heard above everyone else. There's a couple in particular, who you'll know if you frequent the site who just abuse anything and everything MCFC.

http://forum.melbournefootball.com - It's a little basic as to be expected and although there may be a few anti CFG voices on the whole they've been a lot more welcoming than the LFC New York branch. I've been a member on the NYC forums for over a year now and although there are some great posters, some who know a lot about football some who know little, as always the ones with negative opinions are heard above everyone else. There's a couple in particular, who you'll know if you frequent the site who just abuse anything and everything MCFC.

Couldn't of put it better, I think the we both know who the couple are! NYCFC Dan I think he's called is a good lad. Thanks for the link

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.