New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

S04 said:
zeven said:
Hmm i must admit it was a bit disturbing to read that last article. Now US are not the country you should seek moral guidiens from, far from it. but punish ppl with death for being Gay, makes me truely sick in the stomach.

Don´t be an idiot..there´s plenty of gay bars in Dubai for instance.
It´s just more discreet.

which is your personal favourite,

LoveCity said:
matrix said:
http://aggbot.com/Manchester-City-News/article/19491736

Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour facing 'human rights' opposition to New York plans
Plans by Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan to buy a New York-based MLS team have been condemned by local residents and politicians due the “repression of human rights” in Abu Dhabi.
If successful in his bid to secure the licence to own the New York City  FC franchise, Sheikh Mansour is facing an investment of more than $500 million in order to buy the team and build a stadium in the Flushing Meadows area of Queens.
The go-ahead for the controversial proposal to construct a 35,000-seater stadium in Queens could ultimately rest with the outgoing New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg due to fears that opposition to the plan could signal a lengthy delay in approval.
But with Abu Dhabi’s human rights record and ongoing illegality of homosexuality in the emirate, city leaders have been urged to veto Sheikh Mansour’s attempts to secure ownership of the MLS franchise.
“I was shocked to read that the Bloomberg Administration is negotiating to give NYC parkland away to Sheik Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, an oil billionaire who helps rule a country where being gay or lesbian is a crime punishable by death,” New York City councillor Daniel Dromm said.
“This is outrageous and totally unacceptable. I urge my colleagues in the City Council and elected officials across the state to join me in saying that New Yorkers won’t do business with a murderous regime and we won’t sell, trade or give away our public assets to those who discriminate and participate in human rights abuses.”
Dromm’s opposition to Sheikh Mansour was echoed by a local residents group in Queens.
“The City of New York and Major League Soccer should not do business with any individual who actively represses human rights,” a spokesperson for the Fairness Coalition of Queens said.
“Sheikh Mansour’s profit-making scheme will destroy one of New York City’s most cherished parks – Corona Park – by placing a 35,000 seat stadium in the heart of Flushing Meadows without regard to value the park offers to the surrounding community.”
The MLS is expected to announce the winner of the new franchise on May 25, the date of City’s friendly against Chelsea at New York’s Yankee Stadium.

Writing that must have been orgasmic for Ogden!

The press over here will be besides themselves after Queenie's comments about Abu Dhabi yesterday. They won't know what the fuck to write.

r.soleofsalford said:
S04 said:
zeven said:
Hmm i must admit it was a bit disturbing to read that last article. Now US are not the country you should seek moral guidiens from, far from it. but punish ppl with death for being Gay, makes me truely sick in the stomach.

It´s just more discreet.

Not that keen myself but some camp co-workers love Sheraton on Creek Road in Dubai.
Otherwise Deira Park is a very obvious crusing area.

r.soleofsalford said:
S04 said:
zeven said:

It´s just more discreet.

Which is yours?

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Manhattan City Football Club
Has a nice ring to it and also keeps the MCFC, so that would be a winner for me

Will not play in Manhattan..

Anyway, there might be synergy effects IF this comes true but in a partnership way I guess.
But it will be two totally different clubs, two separate balance sheets, two legal entities.
City will not "expand" to NY, are not expected to expand anything but the club itself. Which is right and proper.
IF this MLS franchise comes true Mubadala will be main sponsor I think, they are already big in many ways in the New York area.
For example have Global Foundries invested $2bn in a high-tech research facility there this year, creating approx 1000 jobs.

Hamann Pineapple said:
LoveCity said:
matrix said:
http://aggbot.com/Manchester-City-News/article/19491736

Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour facing 'human rights' opposition to New York plans
Plans by Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan to buy a New York-based MLS team have been condemned by local residents and politicians due the “repression of human rights” in Abu Dhabi.
If successful in his bid to secure the licence to own the New York City  FC franchise, Sheikh Mansour is facing an investment of more than $500 million in order to buy the team and build a stadium in the Flushing Meadows area of Queens.
The go-ahead for the controversial proposal to construct a 35,000-seater stadium in Queens could ultimately rest with the outgoing New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg due to fears that opposition to the plan could signal a lengthy delay in approval.
But with Abu Dhabi’s human rights record and ongoing illegality of homosexuality in the emirate, city leaders have been urged to veto Sheikh Mansour’s attempts to secure ownership of the MLS franchise.
“I was shocked to read that the Bloomberg Administration is negotiating to give NYC parkland away to Sheik Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, an oil billionaire who helps rule a country where being gay or lesbian is a crime punishable by death,” New York City councillor Daniel Dromm said.
“This is outrageous and totally unacceptable. I urge my colleagues in the City Council and elected officials across the state to join me in saying that New Yorkers won’t do business with a murderous regime and we won’t sell, trade or give away our public assets to those who discriminate and participate in human rights abuses.”
Dromm’s opposition to Sheikh Mansour was echoed by a local residents group in Queens.
“The City of New York and Major League Soccer should not do business with any individual who actively represses human rights,” a spokesperson for the Fairness Coalition of Queens said.
“Sheikh Mansour’s profit-making scheme will destroy one of New York City’s most cherished parks – Corona Park – by placing a 35,000 seat stadium in the heart of Flushing Meadows without regard to value the park offers to the surrounding community.”
The MLS is expected to announce the winner of the new franchise on May 25, the date of City’s friendly against Chelsea at New York’s Yankee Stadium.

Writing that must have been orgasmic for Ogden!

The press over here will be besides themselves after Queenie's comments about Abu Dhabi yesterday. They won't know what the fuck to write.
Fucking writes itself, surely? :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.