New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

MrE said:
ardwickboy said:
Let's try and get a chant going.
NY..NYC..NYCF...............................C, OK.

Fuck you you arrogant bastard, we are New York City, we will work our own songs out and do not need any help from a tinpot EPL soccer team.
& IF we did we would use songs from a real team with history and use You'll never walk alone or something based on Country Roads, which is a real American country song anyway.

And on match days we will all wear the same color, red one week, green another then purple on the next, some of us are even thinking of asking the club to post which colour they think we should wear on a weekly basis.

Anyway keep your songwriting for your own tinpot team and see if your uniformed supporters might sing it.

"Tin pot club" ...Oh dear, I say, there's no need for that. Good luck to NYCFC, but there is no need to be ignorant and rude.

Zabbasbeard said:
MrE said:
ardwickboy said:
Let's try and get a chant going.
NY..NYC..NYCF...............................C, OK.

Fuck you you arrogant bastard, we are New York City, we will work our own songs out and do not need any help from a tinpot EPL soccer team.
& IF we did we would use songs from a real team with history and use You'll never walk alone or something based on Country Roads, which is a real American country song anyway.

And on match days we will all wear the same color, red one week, green another then purple on the next, some of us are even thinking of asking the club to post which colour they think we should wear on a weekly basis.

Anyway keep your songwriting for your own tinpot team and see if your uniformed supporters might sing it.

"Tin pot club" ...Oh dear, I say, there's no need for that. Good luck to NYCFC, but there is no need to be ignorant and rude.

Lol Zaba, I do hope you saw the sarcasm, but thats close to what you would have got if you were a MCFC fan making a suggestion on the NYCFC forum

Im on their forum and they have been fine with me. But then I havent posted much and I have no issue with whats posted on their forum.

Each to their own and I see both sides.

Will be interesting to see how things are say 5 years down the line.

Little darlings aren't they.

And yet with this loan move I feel somehow that Villa is not a NYCFC signing but a City Group signing. Not sure how I feel about it all but I suppose I really can't complain.

I hope this doesn't happen again... there should be no reason for this to happen again

The closer NYCFC comes to MC, the further I'll go.

Blue Smarties said:

And yet with this loan move I feel somehow that Villa is not a NYCFC signing but a City Group signing. Not sure how I feel about it all but I suppose I really can't complain.

I hope this doesn't happen again... there should be no reason for this to happen again

I thought you were never going to darken their doors again ;)

ColinLee said:
Blue Smarties said:

I thought you were never going to darken their doors again ;)
Couldn't resist a look to see their reaction to David Villa playing for Melbourne before them ;-)

Blue Smarties said:

Another bunch of small minded people who are completely missing the point. We'll make them the biggest and most successful club in the US in ten years and they're complaining about the exact same system that ensures they'll be successful.

Again, people on the wrong side of history. Ignore them.

Damocles said:
Blue Smarties said:

Another bunch of small minded people who are completely missing the point. We'll make them the biggest and most successful club in the US in ten years and they're complaining about the exact same system that ensures they'll be successful.

Agreed mate, at least all of this is making my dissertation a lot juicer... even if it is winding them up!

Damocles said:
Blue Smarties said:

Pretty sure you can cherry pick 3 comments from any forum on the Internet, project that on a group and make them look simple minded. The sentiments expressed above are indeed ludicrous but a couple of you are on a witch hunt at this point.

Instant_Offense said:
Damocles said:
Blue Smarties said:

Pretty sure you can cherry pick 3 comments from any forum on the Internet, project that on a group and make them look simple minded. The sentiments expressed above are indeed ludicrous but a couple of you are on a witch hunt at this point.

I assume I am one of those you accuse of being on a witch hunt. I don't think its a witch hunt at all.
Those on board with project (including those of other EPL teams) are great. I have to admit I find it strange in a cute sort of way that people who proclaim themselves to be United Supporters want to be anywhere near the project, but then again that just proves what we have known for years about most United Supporters.

Where I (and others have the problem) is a fans forum that admonishes people for arguing a city point of view with those that want to distance themselves from the club. In a way its sort of hijacking the project for there own ends. It is those people who should be addressed. What is there true motive, if they dont want to be associated with City (and however you dress it up being part of the City group right now associates NYCFC with City) then we ask What is your motive ? If you cant accept the facts why are you there. After all New York does have alternatives, City is a new team, and there are existing teams out there.

The Forum, encourages the view that it welcomes all. But to welcome them allowing them to disrespect the biggest club in the group, is wrong.

Without being condescending America is a fairly untapped market for "Soccer" certainly an expanding one. The new fans who read those disparaging comments might believe them.
I know when I went to Barcelona for the first time (before City's Success) one of my must does was visit the Nou Camp. If Americans visit the UK I am sure that CFG would want them to visit the Etihad, not The Swamp, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge Anfield etc.

I view those fans of other clubs voicing any kind of anti city rhetoric as nothing more than trolls, and I cannot understand a CFG (associated) fans forum that will allow it.

I am not saying we go over asy the big I am, I am not saying we should only have Man City Supporters, NYCFC will be its own entity with its own identity. What I am saying is we should not accept any anti Man City or CFG rhetoric and that is what I find the forum guilty of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.