New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Falastur said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:
The NYCFC fans have already been up in arms over their links to City. SIgning the odd player here or there would be acceptable, especially if the player is young and can offer something for the future, but if NYCFC started signing handfuls of old City players who were no better than anyone else they could sign then there's going to be proverbial blood spilled, and you're going to see large parts of the fanbase simply giving up and saying "I'm not dealing with this anymore".

Also, you have to bear in mind that a non-DP contract means an annual wage of a little over £200,000, so good luck getting any of those players to agree to play for so little money. Also MLS team are actually capped at 8 foreign players (NYCFC are allowed 9 due to trading with another team), but NYCFC already has almost 9 internationals, so you're not going to be able to fit these players in the squad very easily (except DaMarcus Beasley, admittedly, but he's already signed for an MLS team).
There always are proper and even star players on a basis salary in MLS. What about foreign players - we can always get rid of someone

The star players on basic salary in MLS are the Americans - national team players who went to Europe and then yearned for home, or the young ones who have been persuaded to stay by a manager they look up to when they could be doing better things abroad. As for foreign players - well as I said, NYCFC doesn't really have any more space in its squad for foreign players, but who are you thinking of? Are you talking about City players still? I'm not sure of how many of our players are A - expendable, B - willing to go to MLS and C - willing to play for £200k/year.
Nesta, Juninho Permambucano, now those two for Toronto. That's only the first 4 names to come to my mind

Both of those first two were in their late 30s when they went over and their move was the very definition of an end-of-career runabout. None of our players are at that stage yet.

I'm not sure who the second player for Toronto you're referring to is but I'm pretty sure the first one will be Sebastian Giovinco, who is being paid $7m a year to go to MLS, which is even more than we are paying David Villa, so I don't think you can count him.

Falastur said:
Both of those first two were in their late 30s when they went over and their move was the very definition of an end-of-career runabout. None of our players are at that stage yet.

I'm not sure who the second player for Toronto you're referring to is but I'm pretty sure the first one will be Sebastian Giovinco, who is being paid $7m a year to go to MLS, which is even more than we are paying David Villa, so I don't think you can count him.
Nope. As I've already said in this topic, those two are PErquis and Cheyrou, two players who played a lot in top-5 championships and had games for NT (although Cheyrou had only up to u21 level, but he was a starter for om in ucl and their champions season while Perquis was a starter for Poland at their home Euro). They are quite good for MLS, especially on a basic contract conditions - assuming that Toronto alreade have Breadley, Altidore and Giovinco as DP, those two can only be on a basic salary.

UPD: They also have Caldwell and some young players with caps for u20 or even senior level

Has anybody else watched the game vs Dynamo? great performance from Facey. I also liked №19 Shelton on the left wing of attack and Borovsky in the deffence, he was everywhere, Poku was neither bad

SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:

Nope. As I've already said in this topic, those two are PErquis and Cheyrou, two players who played a lot in top-5 championships and had games for NT (although Cheyrou had only up to u21 level, but he was a starter for om in ucl and their champions season while Perquis was a starter for Poland at their home Euro). They are quite good for MLS, especially on a basic contract conditions - assuming that Toronto alreade have Breadley, Altidore and Giovinco as DP, those two can only be on a basic salary.

UPD: They also have Caldwell and some young players with caps for u20 or even senior level

Why would they want to leave Toronto?

Barcon said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:

Good One! why would they want to leave Toronto? funny shit

idahoblues said:
Barcon said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Good One! why would they want to leave Toronto? funny shit

Well yeah, it sure ain't know Idaho, uncle grandpa.

Barcon said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:

Are you serious?

I said that it's good to have players LIKE them and just gave an example

SlimShadyRus said:
Barcon said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Are you serious?

I said that it's good to have players LIKE them and just gave an example

No mate, not at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.