New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

kun said:
Shaelumstash said:
blueste41 said:
I will be in Orlando when Orlando City host New York City in October and I am keen to go.Does anyone know if the MLS has away sections for fans and if so do you obtain tickets from the away or home club?

Not sure about any of that mate, but it's been on SSN here that the game is sold out. Might be best to try one of the secondary tickets sites like Stub Hub or whatever.
That's the game on Sunday, they play each other again in October. I'd say the best bet would be with Orlando City.

Confirmed as a 63,000 sell-out today which is amazing for 2 new teams
Orlando are coached by Adrian 'Inchy' Heath I do believe

Would love to have driven down as this is the nearest that NYCFC play to where I livd but just couldn't make arrangements unfortunately

Determined to see a game this season though !

blueste41 said:
I will be in Orlando when Orlando City host New York City in October and I am keen to go.Does anyone know if the MLS has away sections for fans and if so do you obtain tickets from the away or home club?

They do have away fans' sections, but for long-distance games like this the sections are small. NYCFC, for example, were only offered 200 tickets for the very first game of the season on Sunday, and they haven't come close to selling out that allocation. You'll be able to buy tickets through NYCFC.

BufordUSABlue said:

Yeah, 63k in MLS is very impressive. Sceptics have pointed out that a lot of those 63k were given out for free, though - reportedly they were handing out free tickets to the first game with every season ticket, and so on.

Falastur said:
blueste41 said:

They do have away fans' sections, but for long-distance games like this the sections are small. NYCFC, for example, were only offered 200 tickets for the very first game of the season on Sunday, and they haven't come close to selling out that allocation. You'll be able to buy tickets through NYCFC.

BufordUSABlue said:

Yeah, 63k in MLS is very impressive. Sceptics have pointed out that a lot of those 63k were given out for free, though - reportedly they were handing out free tickets to the first game with every season ticket, and so on.

Thanx for the info. Mate.

Slowly been getting more excited about this, never really followed another league and the obvious links between us make it much easier to cross over.

City_Sean said:
Have to say I'm not too clued up on both sides, who's the favourite for this game?

Most "experts" put Orlando slightly ahead because they used to be a lower-league side (even though they discarded all but 6 of their old players, and those players are not going to be first XI players anymore) simply because they've already got a team ethic going from their previous history. They also have the home advantage, of course. On paper, however, there's not much to split the sides and it could go either way. It probably comes down to which team is better at marking the other team's DP out of the game.

Great to see Txiki out in the states watching them train. Just what you want when your season is going tits up, your director of football swanning about on his jollies. He should be holding crisis talks with Khaldoon and the Sheikh about our plan in the summer transfer window.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Great to see Txiki out in the states watching them train. Just what you want when your season is going tits up, your director of football swanning about on his jollies. He should be holding crisis talks with Khaldoon and the Sheikh about our plan in the summer transfer window.

that's entirely dependent on Khaldoon and the Sheikh, is it not? If you have a problem with Txiki being in the States, you should direct your ire at Abu Dhabi, not their employee doing as he's asked.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mansour's tow ropes said:

that's entirely dependent on Khaldoon and the Sheikh, is it not? If you have a problem with Txiki being in the States, you should direct your ire at Abu Dhabi, not their employee doing as he's asked.

Not to mention that Txiki should have been in crisis talks with Khaldoon and the Sheikh starting from months ago. Unless we are demanding these crisis talks to last permanently until the end of the season (and I'd argue that if the crisis were that bad as to demand Txiki to not have the time to leave Manchester for even a week then we're on the point of an epic meltdown of meteoric proportions) then he has to be allowed at least some time off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.