New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Steviesleftpeg said:
Keeper's head is now bleeding from the massive bump he got in the first half. Either very brave or very stupid. If I'd were him I'd have packed up ages ago. Health before heroism. It's only a game.
He'll be their Trautmann

Watched last nights game, NYC play with the same pace as us (very holistic) and looked all over the place at the back at times.

The big forward Nemec? was awful, keeper did really well tho.

Against 10 men they really should have hung on but were very lucky not to concede a pen just after scoring. 1-1 was a fair result.

101toMR said:
62,500 watched the game.
Just WOW :-)
The intrestingthing was I think the commentator said Orlando had only 13,000 season ticketvholders whereas NY have announced 14,000
Never seen so many fans in club colours excapt Holland before ,looks like NY will be a right cash cow for the group

mrtwiceaseason said:
101toMR said:
62,500 watched the game.
The intrestingthing was I think the commentator said Orlando had only 13,000 season ticketvholders whereas NY have announced 14,000
Never seen so many fans in club colours excapt Holland before ,looks like NY will be a right cash cow for the group
The amount of purple there was a surprise for me. Should be interesting to see the crowds as the season progresses. Florida has notoriously fickle fans. If they're not winning, they're not interested.

mrtwiceaseason said:
101toMR said:
62,500 watched the game.
Apparently to make sure the game sold out Orlando have away extra tickets to every season ticket holder, as well as giving them away on the streets.

acquiesce said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
101toMR said:
62,500 watched the game.
The amount of purple there was a surprise for me. Should be interesting to see the crowds as the season progresses. Florida has notoriously fickle fans. If they're not winning, they're not interested.

The interesting thing is that their new ground will have a capacity of 19,500 so what will Orlando do with the 48,000 (give a take a few hundred NYCFC fans who were there) who wont get in ;-)

Orlando can't sustain 62k. They won't even be able to sustain 30k, very few MLS teams can. They got so many because they were desperate to play their first game in front of a packed house, their next game's attendance will drop off dramatically. Their new stadium being made for 19k is a realistic attendance target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.