New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

You gotta laugh the club has run out of the letters x and v for the launch of the new away kit .who's ever heard of a club doing that ?
Oh hang on have we any k,s left anywhere for kinkladze ?
Seems like they really are our twin club

MCFCHOWELL said:
A lot of what Falastur says is spot on, but he'll probably admit this himself, as a City fan it is hard watching some of the stuff that gets said about the club. Not that it isn't true, just we are all boast for the club. When you read into what they're saying you can agree with them, to some extent. I must say however, I prefer the Melbourne fans - maybe that's because they share many similarities with us.

I'd take 100 Melbourne fans over the dicks in New York. Good, honest club with a proper fanbase. They've said some awful things about City too but it came from a love of their own club and they have tried their best to make it work.

Falastur is absolutely correct that NYCFC sums up the American mindset to sport. Which is essentially that everything is shit, wank and terrible until it is the best and some of the most self-important people in the entire world. Most Americans outside of Seattle, Chicago and a few other notable places don't even understand what a football club is, let alone how to be a football fan that isn't hated by everybody in the entire world.

In terms of coverage, NYCFC is right next to Millwall in the percentage of people who know who they are and hate their guts. Most MLS fans think they're a joke and a bunch of arrogant dicks. Most English fans think they're a feeder club followed by gloryhunting rags and scousers. The only people who like NYCFC are NYCFC fans and most of them hate the club already because every time they look at it they realise that they are essentially our American marketing arm, and cognitive dissonance is a woman.

Through the actions of their fans, their stature and their presence they have managed to be one of the most hated clubs in world which is amazing given they have never played a competitive home game. Goes to show that even the best of ideas can be ruined by wankers.

On the other hand, it's a place for our reserves to get some football who we can't send out to Crewe or Oldham like Shay Facey and it's a decent place for us to send over the hill players on big contracts to in a few years so it's not all bad. Just the fans.

Damocles said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
A lot of what Falastur says is spot on, but he'll probably admit this himself, as a City fan it is hard watching some of the stuff that gets said about the club. Not that it isn't true, just we are all boast for the club. When you read into what they're saying you can agree with them, to some extent. I must say however, I prefer the Melbourne fans - maybe that's because they share many similarities with us.

I'd take 100 Melbourne fans over the dicks in New York. Good, honest club with a proper fanbase. They've said some awful things about City too but it came from a love of their own club and they have tried their best to make it work.

Falastur is absolutely correct that NYCFC sums up the American mindset to sport. Which is essentially that everything is shit, wank and terrible until it is the best and some of the most self-important people in the entire world. Most Americans outside of Seattle, Chicago and a few other notable places don't even understand what a football club is, let alone how to be a football fan that isn't hated by everybody in the entire world.

In terms of coverage, NYCFC is right next to Millwall in the percentage of people who know who they are and hate their guts. Most MLS fans think they're a joke and a bunch of arrogant dicks. Most English fans think they're a feeder club followed by gloryhunting rags and scousers. The only people who like NYCFC are NYCFC fans and most of them hate the club already because every time they look at it they realise that they are essentially our American marketing arm, and cognitive dissonance is a woman.

Through the actions of their fans, their stature and their presence they have managed to be one of the most hated clubs in world which is amazing given they have never played a competitive home game. Goes to show that even the best of ideas can be ruined by wankers.

On the other hand, it's a place for our reserves to get some football who we can't send out to Crewe or Oldham like Shay Facey and it's a decent place for us to send over the hill players on big contracts to in a few years so it's not all bad. Just the fans.

I am a city fan that has followed city for over 10 years. I have never watched MLS, honestly never really cared to. At the time I lived 4 hours away from the closest team, and it was easier finding streams or coverage for city that it was an MLS team. I went years never meeting a single other city fan in my life (outside of here, but hardly "in my life", no offense guys) but could count on 2 hands the games that I was not following in some form or fashion (streams, BM, etc). I knew that MLS had been growing but still, had invested so much time, money, and emotions towards city I would never become ingrained into something in regards to sports like I felt I was with city.

When the announcement was made for NYCFC, I was so excited (and still am). Here was a direct "arm" of the club I followed so closely, alone, for years and years, and now I was going to be able to support that club even more, financially, and albeit, not DIRECTLY, but directly enough to feel like I am making a contribution. I say this to say, it has been very hard seeing the hatred, the anger, and derogatory comments about the club being connected to city. Americans have been fed the propaganda of the media around the world that somehow city are this evil entity that has come to outspend all and be a corporate rich mans play toy. Most (you could almost say all) Americans were unaware of city's existence before the takeover. If they had, they might not feel the same way they do now. A team, ever under the shadow of a giant, with not much hope (Yet still having a blast watching terrible football and getting pissed up). Literally having people pick up cans of paint on the way to game to paint the grounds an hour before kickoff b/c money was so tight. "Everyone's favorite second club".

But sadly, this is not the city NYCFC fans know. Every passing year, and every child that grows up watching football outside the UK, more of the clubs rich tradition and heritage is lost to foreigners (Not so much in the UK, but for the people outside the UK). If only NYCFC fans knew that club. We are still that club, but it will be become harder for outsiders to know it. I just believe just our job to be polite and help others understand the fibers that has made city such a great club to support.

mrtwiceaseason said:
You gotta laugh the club has run out of the letters x and v for the launch of the new away kit .who's ever heard of a club doing that ?

When, when your two main players are called "Mix" and "Villa", it's not that hard to see why two uncommon letters ran out fast...

Damocles said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

I agree with much of what you said, but I can't agree with the statement that NYCFC are one of the most hated clubs in the world because of their fans. That's not reflective of anything I've seen, and I've read a lot of abuse on twitter. OK, I will admit that the Red Bull fans hate their fans, but that's mainly because they don't like the fact that they don't follow the Red Bulls instead. The reasons that NYCFC are hated, from what I've seen are basically the following:

- They're owned by MCFC and the New York Yankees, two teams with a large number of detractors
- The league already has experienced a foreign club running an MLS team and it went very badly. People expect NYCFC to be the same
- They're not "organic". There seems to be a belief in the US that to be a "proper" team, the supporters group should predate the creation of the team. There are several groups in the US right now that are just a collection of football fans in a city, lobbying MLS to found a team there for them to support. That's supposed to be a sign that the host city is "ready for football". Teams that get planted in a city before they have a fan group there are viewed as just an MLS plant and a corporate shill to be hated. In fairness, this gets directed at the fans rather than the club too - the fans are viewed as not being "true" because they didn't already have a fan lobby group, they had to wait for MCFC to do it for them
- They are viewed as a joke club because they were powerless to stop us taking Lampard away from them
- US fans seem intensely preoccupied with the UAE's stance on homosexuality, and how it makes Mansour a human rights abuser and anyone connected with him is dirtied by assocation
- It's New York, and just like you Mancs hate London, everyone else in the US hates New York

I just did a quick search of #nycfc on twitter, here's the first anti-NYCFC tweets I saw:

mountain king ‏@johanson_anders 23h23 hours ago
If Diskerud keeps this up, he might be lucky to get a loan to @MelbourneCity. #NYCFC #MLS

Dave Edinger ‏@SoDaveWasLike Mar 10
Everything about #NYCFC and Yankee Stadium is just the worst. So gross.

Jeremy Tod ‏@KicksFromAfar Mar 9
Every game played in a ball park is an insult to soccer. #NYCFC #MLS

TheEndline ‏@TheEndline Mar 9
With all that oil money and this is the best track that @NYCFC can come up with? #Wack #MLS #NYCFC... <a class="postlink" href="http://fb.me/1vkZiht4I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fb.me/1vkZiht4I</a>

Jamal LaForce ‏@JamalLaForce Mar 9 Queens, NY
If #NYCFC wasn't owned partially by Man City & came out not so longer after #RBNY, I could consider converting. #ORLvNYC #SKCvNY

mrtwiceaseason said:
Falastur
I know exactly why you have run out of x + v city only had one star player and ran out of k's don't you remember ? Just laughing at typical city crossing over statside

Falastur said:
mrtwiceaseason said:

When, when your two main players are called "Mix" and "Villa", it's not that hard to see why two uncommon letters ran out fast...

Damocles said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

I agree with much of what you said, but I can't agree with the statement that NYCFC are one of the most hated clubs in the world because of their fans. That's not reflective of anything I've seen, and I've read a lot of abuse on twitter. OK, I will admit that the Red Bull fans hate their fans, but that's mainly because they don't like the fact that they don't follow the Red Bulls instead. The reasons that NYCFC are hated, from what I've seen are basically the following:

- They're owned by MCFC and the New York Yankees, two teams with a large number of detractors
- The league already has experienced a foreign club running an MLS team and it went very badly. People expect NYCFC to be the same
- They're not "organic". There seems to be a belief in the US that to be a "proper" team, the supporters group should predate the creation of the team. There are several groups in the US right now that are just a collection of football fans in a city, lobbying MLS to found a team there for them to support. That's supposed to be a sign that the host city is "ready for football". Teams that get planted in a city before they have a fan group there are viewed as just an MLS plant and a corporate shill to be hated. In fairness, this gets directed at the fans rather than the club too - the fans are viewed as not being "true" because they didn't already have a fan lobby group, they had to wait for MCFC to do it for them
- They are viewed as a joke club because they were powerless to stop us taking Lampard away from them
- US fans seem intensely preoccupied with the UAE's stance on homosexuality, and how it makes Mansour a human rights abuser and anyone connected with him is dirtied by assocation
- It's New York, and just like you Mancs hate London, everyone else in the US hates New York

I just did a quick search of #nycfc on twitter, here's the first anti-NYCFC tweets I saw:

mountain king ‏@johanson_anders 23h23 hours ago
If Diskerud keeps this up, he might be lucky to get a loan to @MelbourneCity. #NYCFC #MLS

Dave Edinger ‏@SoDaveWasLike Mar 10
Everything about #NYCFC and Yankee Stadium is just the worst. So gross.

Jeremy Tod ‏@KicksFromAfar Mar 9
Every game played in a ball park is an insult to soccer. #NYCFC #MLS

TheEndline ‏@TheEndline Mar 9
With all that oil money and this is the best track that @NYCFC can come up with? #Wack #MLS #NYCFC... <a class="postlink" href="http://fb.me/1vkZiht4I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fb.me/1vkZiht4I</a>

Jamal LaForce ‏@JamalLaForce Mar 9 Queens, NY
If #NYCFC wasn't owned partially by Man City & came out not so longer after #RBNY, I could consider converting. #ORLvNYC #SKCvNY

I think this is a bigger deal than is made out in terms of why people hate NYCFC. Not being from the American sports culture, I was pretty surprised to see how much vitriol other cities have of anything that is associated with New York. Especially where rivalries from other sports are carried over into the MLS. New York is the Manchester United of America.

And that's generally because of New Yorkers and their attitudes towards things. Thus, their fans.

As someone who reads a lot of NYCFC forums (as I do Melbourne and Yokohama), and somebody who has previously read lots of Premier League forums post-takeover to see what the general consensus about it was, no set of fans are bigger wankers than NYCFC. This is because they aren't fans. You can't be a fan of a team that was started 20 minutes ago, you can only be an interested party and all of the emotion is fake and forced.

The separation of NYCFC and MCFC by the New York fans is one of the most hilarious things about it. They are part of the CFG and a lesser part. Whether they like it or not. Don't like it? Don't support the team and go back to supporting Liverpool, Chelsea and all of the other clubs which they previously faked and forced emotion for and have no connection to.

That's the best thing about it mate, it's a collection of some of the most arrogant people recognised in the Western world and even worse, the worst and most gloryhunting elements of that.

I hope that we purposely underfund them and use them as our feeder team just so the dickheads over there can gain some perspective on who and what they are.

They believe that you can be a NYCFC fan without being linked to City. This is absolutely hilariously wrong and their constant denial of this is nothing but yet another arrogant delusion that they hold. Seattle are a proper club. NYCFC are our American marketing arm, like Chivas but better ran.

Just been told to fuck off back to bluemoon by their international liaison officer !
It really is a strange forum over there ,its a forum that dosnt actually discuss anything .people are totally within there rights to post what they want about city ,but god help anyone who dares to challenge their view .absolutely no debate .
Reminds me for all the world how the north Koreans run Rawk

I visit the NY forums every now and then. Don't feel it's worth posting all that much because I think they are a bit sensitive to anything remotely related to Manchester. I'm sure that'll change in time,

But it's just a forum, if I was too bothered about people slagging off Man City I would have spent the last few years curled up in foetal position somewhere crying myself to sleep. So I loved the game on Sunday, am looking forward to the home opener and the rest of the season.

And if we were going to judge a supporter base by a few posts on a forum, I suspect our game day threads should be locked before they're started.

mrtwiceaseason said:
They're fucked when Xavi arrives

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.