New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

It's always been a strange one for me. I've been one of the long-standing members on here offering support to NYCFC. I'm still a firm believer that my Villa post was somewhat lost in transatlantic-translation.

I wouldn't however rush back to that forum. It's got quite a poor reputation on here now, and seemingly vice versa.

Anyway, has anyone read the Gerrard article on the DM (so that's a no then). This was one of the photos accompanying the article, ffs.

2A3E378000000578-3149846-image-a-35_1436080264287.jpg

Hahaha oooh no, fucking hell. That is pure cheese.

Foam hands, cheerleaders, naaa it ain't for me.
Can't beat natural atmosphere - when you experience that off-the-cuff atmosphere which just erupts through people bonding it just feels amazing.

This hollywood created atmosphere is awful, feels like you're just an extra in a fucking sawker film.

He literally just gave you the perfect example of what we expect on our forums and you're say that. It's exactly why members who come from here to our forums don't last.
He's being respectful and level headed and you're saying he's putting on an act.
He came here as an NYCFC supporter with respect to this being an MCFC forum. The same way we expect you and others who have been banned to come to us as a MCFC supporter with respect to it being an NYCFC forum. This doesn't happen and thus people get banned.
It's literally that simple.

Justify your own forum moderation mistakes on your own forum rather than here.

Yesterday was an excellent result. I was honestly hoping for a point due to the fact we played arguable our worst CB and a makeshift 11 to boot.
Credit to Villa, since he's been 100% the guy has played lights out and you can see how much winning means to him in everything he does for us.
He wants more out of NYCFC and he shows his frustrations on the field quite a lot but it's how he is. The guys a winner and he expects the same mentality out of those around him.
He'll be greatly rewarded by the end of the month with the presence of Pirlo on top of Lampard and Iraola.

Poku has shown first team performances and I hope he is staying in our 11 going forward.
Having a diamond with him Pirlo mix and Lampard would be amazing. It's exactly what the club has been missing. Well.. That and a capable back line. Tefu, Facey, Iraola and Angelino/Calle. All guys that can work out of trouble and under pressure and push to ball to our mids. Who will be more than capable of feeding Villa/Mullins/Nemec/Shelton.
Will be an exciting second half of the season.
Winning 4 of 5 has put us right back in the race.

Never been to this NYCFC forum. Don't even know the url to it. but if the comments here are any indication of what is, I have a few questions.

1. Is it really the belief that the poor performance of NYCFC in the early games is down to Lampard being in City and that CFG is to be blamed? Or is this actually scapegoating blame? From what I've seen in previous games and I've watched them all, the team is still bedding in in a league that is full of teams with inconsistencies, NYCFC included. Still am interested if this CFG frustration is the general consensus.

2. What are the expectations of the fans? Is it winning its first or second season, or just thereabouts in the next five years? Personally I like the fanfare of the MLS as its laidback entertainment, but I enjoy the overcomings of Melbourne City more.

3. Do fans support other clubs in the PL other than City? If so, what is the breakdown?

Poku has shown first team performances and I hope he is staying in our 11 going forward.
Having a diamond with him Pirlo mix and Lampard would be amazing. It's exactly what the club has been missing. Well.. That and a capable back line. Tefu, Facey, Iraola and Angelino/Calle. All guys that can work out of trouble and under pressure and push to ball to our mids. Who will be more than capable of feeding Villa/Mullins/Nemec/Shelton.
Will be an exciting second half of the season.
Winning 4 of 5 has put us right back in the race.

Poku is promising, he was called the next Yaya when he signed. Not close to that level yet but he's got good control on the ball and with Pirlo and Lamps in the mix you guys should get much better possession in midfield - maybe the highest in the MLS.

1. It certainly didn't help to not have a world class mid when we couldn't get the ball from back to fronnt

2. Okay. To each their own.

3. Maybe? Tough to call. Many like MCFC, many more do now due to feeling allegiance based upon NYC. Not one proselytizes either way on the forum. Probably most of the better tactical posters watch more of La Liga or Serie A (Serie Nil-Nil IMO). I'm not one of the good tactical posters, or a good poster at all since I post like an asshole. It's sport, you know? I like having an outlet.

You guys don't have to like the forum or the team. But some folk just want to treat this thread as open season on people who aren't like you. That's your problem. Not ours or our forum.

Again, you have every reason to feel the way you do. But that doesn't entitle you to dictate to fans a half-world away how we support the club that we financially back, playing in a league we understand.

If you make the effort to understand our team and league, I'll bet that anyone here will be welcomed. If you expect reverence based upon MCFC supportership, you'll be disappointed if it's absent of the points I made above.

Finally, you boys are good supporters of your club and have your own way of doing so. It is commendable. But Let us folk who have a real interest and investment in supporting OUR ownership's latest club have a minute to evolve and develop.

As I've said, we are building this on the fly. We get hate everywhere. It would be nice to have brothers rather rhan adversaries.

Never been to this NYCFC forum. Don't even know the url to it. but if the comments here are any indication of what is, I have a few questions.

1. Is it really the belief that the poor performance of NYCFC in the early games is down to Lampard being in City and that CFG is to be blamed? Or is this actually scapegoating blame? From what I've seen in previous games and I've watched them all, the team is still bedding in in a league that is full of teams with inconsistencies, NYCFC included. Still am interested if this CFG frustration is the general consensus.

2. What are the expectations of the fans? Is it winning its first or second season, or just thereabouts in the next five years? Personally I like the fanfare of the MLS as its laidback entertainment, but I enjoy the overcomings of Melbourne City more.

3. Do fans support other clubs in the PL other than City? If so, what is the breakdown?

1. Playing in a league where your best players are your DP's and not having one is certainly a problem. However, that was a small problem in the grand scheme of things for us.
We are an expansion side. Meaning the team was put together in accordance to MLS guidelines.
We have a team made up entirely of discarded players from other teams and rookies.
Having started our offseason during the European season it limited who we could pick up. Aside from Villa, Calle (who was injured for a large majority of the season) and Lampard the rest of the team is subpar.
Most of the MLS guys we have were acquired during the dispersal draft as they were not 'protected' by their current clubs.
Then you have the issue of a new club which has only trained for a short period of time trying to play together and mesh.
We've seen tremendous improvements over the last 2 months. I think anyone with an understanding of the game and who was on our team knew what was in store. A slow start until the summer transfer window opened up and we really started making some moves.
As far as CFG is concerned I'd say 95% of people back CFG and only hold the Lampard thing against them AND our clubs FO.

2. We definitely want to at the very least make the playoffs this year. I think next year we can challenge for the cup and do very well in the Open Cup and also the Concacaf Champions League.

3. You're looking at a city which had zero ties to MCFC. There's supporter clubs (some officially recognized) in NYC for teams from LFC to Athletico Madrid, Bayern and MCFC.
It's not like this team was founded and plays in Manchester.
So I'd say even tho the biggest majority is MCFC due to the affiliation it's certainly not a large base since so many other clubs are involved. A large Spanish contingent shows a lot of Barcelona/Real fans. That's prob the jerseys I saw the most of.

You would've called all the names under the sun for posting that on nycfc forum. Probably given a temporary ban well.

1. It certainly didn't help to not have a world class mid when we couldn't get the ball from back to fronnt

2. Okay. To each their own.

3. Maybe? Tough to call. Many like MCFC, many more do now due to feeling allegiance based upon NYC. Not one proselytizes either way on the forum. Probably most of the better tactical posters watch more of La Liga or Serie A (Serie Nil-Nil IMO). I'm not one of the good tactical posters, or a good poster at all since I post like an asshole. It's sport, you know? I like having an outlet.

You guys don't have to like the forum or the team. But some folk just want to treat this thread as open season on people who aren't like you. That's your problem. Not ours or our forum.

Again, you have every reason to feel the way you do. But that doesn't entitle you to dictate to fans a half-world away how we support the club that we financially back, playing in a league we understand.

If you make the effort to understand our team and league, I'll bet that anyone here will be welcomed. If you expect reverence based upon MCFC supportership, you'll be disappointed if it's absent of the points I made above.

Finally, you boys are good supporters of your club and have your own way of doing so. It is commendable. But Let us folk who have a real interest and investment in supporting OUR ownership's latest club have a minute to evolve and develop.

As I've said, we are building this on the fly. We get hate everywhere. It would be nice to have brothers rather rhan adversaries.

You're coming over here wanting friendship and support?! I support the team but I think the vast majority of your members are fuckwits

Melbourne are fully aware of our place in the pecking order. Ie: the bottom haha. But hey we got a 15mil + training facility (Which in the Aus league is unheard of) so we cant complain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.