New York City FC

With Girona going down last season and New York struggling to progress and my Melbourne City just being Melbourne City the only real hope is Yokohama, they have a genuine chance of winning it.

Not sure this was the plan 5 or so years ago.
I think winning the Eastern Conference is an improvement, but they were forced to play their home game at the New York Mets stadium, which kind of surrenders home advantage.

I imagine there will be a great deal of anger among their supporters that they've been beaten in the play offs again, but more so that the club was announced on 21st May 2013, and there is still no sign of a stadium happening.

They're a joke until they get their own stadium (or at least one more suited to football).

I think winning the Eastern Conference is an improvement, but they were forced to play their home game at the New York Mets stadium, which kind of surrenders home advantage.

I imagine there will be a great deal of anger among their supporters that they've been beaten in the play offs again, but more so that the club was announced on 21st May 2013, and there is still no sign of a stadium happening.

They're a joke until they get their own stadium (or at least one more suited to football).

Finishing on top is definitely an improvement but like in Australia doesn't mean much if you lose in the playoffs (finals for us).

Since takeover we have pretty much been 4th and we don't look like doing much more any time soon. And like New York also you can only really sell the dream for a certain amount of time before people get disillusioned.

Actually watched it and both goals were comical disasters.

Very much in tune with the MLS as a whole if that 90 mins was the general standard.
Couldn't agree more, proper City defending.

The general play can be summed up that City didn't manage a shot on target in the first half and especially in the second half the city lad trying to pick up poor crosses from our winger on the other side of the pitch ran the ball out of play trying to be clever three times.

With Girona going down last season and New York struggling to progress and my Melbourne City just being Melbourne City the only real hope is Yokohama, they have a genuine chance of winning it.

Not sure this was the plan 5 or so years ago.
Maybe CFG have been too distracted with UEFA ffp et al , and took their eyes off the ball for the other clubs other than City.
It DID look good a few years ago... but as you say with Girona going down, despite (because?) an overload of EDS lads from City, and Viera not doing as hoped at NY...

Maybe CFG have been too distracted with UEFA ffp et al , and took their eyes off the ball for the other clubs other than City.
It DID look good a few years ago... but as you say with Girona going down, despite (because?) an overload of EDS lads from City, and Viera not doing as hoped at NY...
CFG was never intended to just win trophies, they are essentially just academies and scouting posts for City and advertising vehicles for the sponsors. If they win trophies that is just a bonus.

CFG was never intended to just win trophies, they are essentially just academies and scouting posts for City and advertising vehicles for the sponsors. If they win trophies that is just a bonus.

If thats true, which I doubt, then what's in it for the local club.

My opinion is more that it's a fundamentally flawed concept, and that you cannot operate multiple clubs an expect success across the board.

My opinion is more that it's a fundamentally flawed concept, and that you cannot operate multiple clubs an expect success across the board.
You sound rather bitter having read your last few posts. No team is guaranteed success and NYCFC aren’t doing too badly.

The club get access to world class scouting, facilities, training and all the business side of football. When NYCFC eventually get a stadium it will be world class. Their training facilities are slowly getting there also.

You sound rather bitter having read your last few posts. No team is guaranteed success and NYCFC aren’t doing too badly.

Bitter probably not, disappointed yes. Im talking mainly from a Melbourne perspective and comparing the state of play across the other CFG affiliates, and to date you couldn't say much has been achieved, and I mean on the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.