New York City FC

Yeah, it's pretty silly really. I went to NYC for NYCFC's first home game last season and every day of my stay the TVs in the restaurant and in the rooms were fixated on the college basketball national finals knockout draw. Not the actual games - just the build-up to selecting which teams would face each other. For virtually a whole week. Imagine if SSN stopped talking about the rest of football in its build-up to the CL draw and just did constant previews of teams, analysis of stats, predictions of likelihoods that certain teams would face each other, reviews of previous years etc. It just got silly - I was getting pretty bored of it by the end of the trip.

I'm guessing he means the amount of TV accessibility to different games in all their sports, if so then he's right. The coverage of college football and basketball is huge

You are bang on with regards to the footy commentators and pundits being diabolical. Some of the terminology they use makes me cringe.

Yes that is what I am talking about. But it is not limited to traditional American sports. I live in rural Virginia and have better access to televised Manchester City games than you Brits (even those that live in Manchester). I literally get every City game across all four competitions without ever having to even think about a web stream.

College football is HUGE in certain areas of the States. I went to the University of Alabama. Their stadium, Bryant-Denny Stadium seats 101,821. It is the 8th largest stadium in the world and is full for every home Crimson Tide Game.

734-bryant-denny-stadium.jpg

597px-Bryant-Denny_10-22-11.jpg

8th biggest in the world. 6 of the stadiums that are bigger....All college football stadiums. Amazing.

Yes that is what I am talking about. But it is not limited to traditional American sports. I live in rural Virginia and have better access to televised Manchester City games than you Brits (even those that live in Manchester). I literally get every City game across all four competitions without ever having to even think about a web stream.

Indeed its not just American sports. I don't watch TV much at all so I dont have cable. Just basic free TV, about 20 channels, half of which are shopping, religious or food. Yet I get live premier league games all day Saturday , can't complain about that. And you're right, it was more than I got on regular TV back home.

Indeed its not just American sports. I don't watch TV much at all so I dont have cable. Just basic free TV, about 20 channels, half of which are shopping, religious or food. Yet I get live premier league games all day Saturday , can't complain about that. And you're right, it was more than I got on regular TV back home.
Yep, and depending who your cable supplier is, you can get Fox Sports 1 which shows FA Cup and Champions League games and BeIN which shows Capital One games plus La Liga and Serie A. Spolied for choice. And that is not including ESPN which shows some CL games too.

I'm guessing he means the amount of TV accessibility to different games in all their sports, if so then he's right. The coverage of college football and basketball is huge

You are bang on with regards to the footy commentators and pundits being diabolical. Some of the terminology they use makes me cringe.

But a lot of them are British. Warren fucking Barton, for one.

HAHAHAHAHA! I've seen football matches with American commentators and pundits, and dear God, it's diabolical. They make Sky seem sober and informed.
They fixed that now. With NBC Sports, we use the British feeds from the game, and 2 out of the three in the studio are Brits.

BTW, speaking about colleges that routinely average 60k-110k people, a high school football game in Texas 2 years ago had 54k people attend. High school, not college.

They fixed that now. With NBC Sports, we use the British feeds from the game, and 2 out of the three in the studio are Brits.

BTW, speaking about colleges that routinely average 60k-110k people, a high school football game in Texas 2 years ago had 54k people attend. High school, not college.
That is pretty impressive. Do they charge admission or is it free to get in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.