New York City FC

They have a back-up in Eirik Johansen, formerly of MCFC, who looked very good in pre-season. Saunders has been terrible all season (except the last couple of games) yet Vieira simply refuses to replace him.

After that performance, probably a sensible idea.
He could have took charge in so many situations instead he just flapped about or watched... their keeper came out exactly when he was supposed to and got the ball during numerous attacks.

It looked a different team to the one that played on Wednesday the pitch is a big problem but it was more than that they just didn't look sharp at all, none of them... I suppose it's a long trek to Torronto for a midweek game... maybe they just didn't have the legs for this one.

He could have took charge in so many situations instead he just flapped about or watched... their keeper came out exactly when he was supposed to and got the ball during numerous attacks.

It looked a different team to the one that played on Wednesday the pitch is a big problem but it was more than that they just didn't look sharp at all, none of them... I suppose it's a long trek to Torronto for a midweek game... maybe they just didn't have the legs for this one.

Welcome to Josh Saunders. Why do you think the fans can't stand him?

Also, bear in mind that they haven't just flown to Toronto. They flew to Vancouver (2,400 miles), played a game, flew to Toronto at 1am in the morning (based off social media items which have been spread around), played a game in Toronto then flew back home. All in 7 days.

Welcome to Josh Saunders. Why do you think the fans can't stand him?

Also, bear in mind that they haven't just flown to Toronto. They flew to Vancouver (2,400 miles), played a game, flew to Toronto at 1am in the morning (based off social media items which have been spread around), played a game in Toronto then flew back home. All in 7 days.
That's a shitty schedule... did the Red Bulls have even one game in that time? What are the MLS chiefs playing at?

That's a shitty schedule... did the Red Bulls have even one game in that time? What are the MLS chiefs playing at?

Yes. They played games on both days NYCFC played their matches. They had DC United away and then Chicago Fire at home.

It's not optimal I will admit, but I'm sure if you confronted the MLS bosses about it then they would simply respond with words to the effect of "well, that's what it's like running a football league in a country 3,000 miles across". In fairness, weekend games are the exception rather than the rule, but every team has to expect to cross the country numerous times a season.

Both Vieira and Reyna can go. Awful choices to head NYCFC. More proof that good players don't usually make good managers.

Between the Lampard fiasco, poor effort and now an unprecedented derby humiliation, this franchise is a laughing stock.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.