New York City FC

Have they ever even got a point against the Red Bull? I seem to recall them doing a big build up to the derby matched last season. And them getting a tonking in those games too.

The Red Bulls' entire gameplan is to press defenders hard as they play the ball around the back. NYCFC should have altered their tactics to minimise the amount of time the ball is with the back five.

Also, the squad isn't entirely inherited. Fully 10 of the squad are Vieira signings already, and five of the players on the pitch. That said, rather like most of Pellegrini's signings were actually Txiki signings, Claudio Reyna is the one who decides the club's hiring policy in NYC.

I think they should know themselves not to make certain passes and know when to get rid, that's nothing to do with Patrick it's just poor decision making on the players part.

Like I said I think the pitch is just bad for the style of football they want to play, theirs no width, closing them down is easy. I don't think playing long ball is the answer though and it's early days yet anyway lets see where they finish up. This game is a write off.

Fair enough with the squad, it does seem a better squad than last season so I'd say the new additions are an improvement.

God. It wasn't even a match. They've got to get our of that dump of a stadium. Red Bulls aren't allowing them any time on the ball. And they look totally confused and badgered when things get physical. I am not surprised one of their best games was at Portland. But Viera has his work cut out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.