New York Times - Raheem Sterling article

It has to be said that, at last, the tide seems to be turning in terms of the press portrayal of Sterling, which should finally start entering the consciousnesses of the legions of football numpties whove been mindlessly copying each other for years now. The amount of know-nowt goons who've said to me "He can't finish" or "He's overrated" over the last few years...he's now the best young player in the country.

Apparently it's between the best CB in the world and Raheem for player of the year.

It has to be said that, at last, the tide seems to be turning in terms of the press portrayal of Sterling, which should finally start entering the consciousnesses of the legions of football numpties whove been mindlessly copying each other for years now. The amount of know-nowt goons who've said to me "He can't finish" or "He's overrated" over the last few years...he's now the best young player in the country.
The thing that turned the corner for Raheem was when he had the balls to confront the media head-on. Our club could learn some lessons from him in how to be more proactive. It has been open season on City for almost 10 years now. The softly softly PR approach has got us nowhere and we now need to follow Raheem's example and get on the front foot with our enemies in the media.

Id say he's the best player, not just young.
The shit he's had to put up with is just staggering, he just seems such a nice lad.

The thing that turned the corner for Raheem was when he had the balls to confront the media head-on. Our club could learn some lessons from him in how to be more proactive. It has been open season on City for almost 10 years now. The softly softly PR approach has got us nowhere and we now need to follow Raheem's example and get on the front foot with our enemies in the media.
Public opinion was already pretty well in his favour when they happened on social media, the sun and mail had gotten too blatant with their coverage.

Public opinion was already pretty well in his favour when they happened on social media, the sun and mail had gotten too blatant with their coverage.

And now the Mail Jamie Redknapp column is talking of Sterling for PotY.

I wonder how much the Chelsea abuse and his response has helped in his improved coverage.

He's 3rd favourite for POTY.

Biggest prices:

Van Dyk 8/15
Kun 6/1
Raheem 9/1

Also, he's favourite for young POTY (still eligible) ahead of Rashford and Bernardo.

I think the club's PR have been involved in this. I suspect it's no coincidence that this article is in the New York Times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.