New York Times - Raheem Sterling article

That is an excellent article, Raheem deserves praise, as has been said, for his handling of it. He didn't come out with retaliatory abuse, he just said calmly and quietly look at the difference between the way young black players are treated and the way young white players are treated. As @bobbyowenquiff says the club PR people could look at this and defend not only our club but our players. I think Pep would be in favour.

Edit: Whoops @Didsbury Dave & @ell got there before me!! I must type faster (or think faster maybe) :-)

He's 3rd favourite for POTY.

Biggest prices:

Van Dyk 8/15
Kun 6/1
Raheem 9/1

Also, he's favourite for young POTY (still eligible) ahead of Rashford and Bernardo.
It depends on what we win. If we win at least a treble then I’m sure Kun or Raheem would get it. Depending on who scores more goals of course.

It depends on what we win. If we win at least a treble then I’m sure Kun or Raheem would get it. Depending on who scores more goals of course.

It depends more on when the voting is done, and how things stand at that time. No point scoring four hattricks at the end if voting is done beforehand.

I think the club's PR have been involved in this. I suspect it's no coincidence that this article is in the New York Times.
You could be right. However Rory Smith is an excellent journalist and the New York Times has been consistently ahead of any English newspapers in its coverage of UEFA and FIFA corruption so I wouldn't be surprised if Smith made the initial approach. From what I can see City's coverage in the USA has been pretty fair and balanced unlike this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.