New York Tour

chedinho said:
black mamba said:
NickGw2 said:
Ya' know, considering we were outnumbered by about 4 Chelsae fans for every 1 City fan I would find this very difficult to believe. We outperformed them first half, but, couldn't finish our chances ( sound familiar?). We sat behind the goal City scored in so was very awesome to see.

Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums![/quote
is that true.
i was surprised at the amount of fans they had at the games.

I copied and pasted that from a newspaper report of the game ...

CTID101 said:
Vienna_70 said:
We watched the match on Chelsea TV last night and the thing that struck us was that the commentary was much more even-handed than Sky, BBC or ITV are for our games!
I don't know.

They didn't stop going on about the foul that Yaya did on that young lad Loftus-Cheek saying how it was friendly and unnecessary but when Luiz came flying across and pushed Zaba over the line it was a "strong challenge" and it was a lot worse imo.
Same when Kompany fouled the young lad again.

Very biased imo.

I think cynical must have been the word of the day for them!

But I agree the commentary was biased but its to be expected from a club channel, sky and the bbc dont have that excuse!

chelski have been hitting new york and the usa hard for 6-7 years now, so not surprising that they have strong following out there..........same with the rags I'm afraid. But I saw loads of blues around the city over the past week and with the NEW YORK CITY deal, tonnes of new city shirts selling all over NY.

Chelsea and United have had a 10 year head start on us in terms of US marketing, so it was no surprise that there were more Chelsea fans at both games than City. It'll be interesting to see the inroads we make over the next five years though.

I almost feel dirty typing that.

Would be good to get a tie in with this over there as well,sure they had a team playing in Manchester but they have moved now.

The Goat involved in NYCFC,thought he lived there?

Manchester, New Hampshire

Manchester is the largest city in the U.S. state of New Hampshire, the tenth largest city in New England, and the largest city in northern New England, an area comprising the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. It is in Hillsborough County along the banks of the Merrimack River, which divides the city into eastern and western sections. Manchester is near the northern end of the Northeast megalopolis. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 109,565,[1] the most of any city in northern New England.

Falastur said:
LoveCity said:
The New York game isn't sold out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/international/article.php?article_id=33629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/internati ... e_id=33629</a>

How many does the stadium hold and is there any reason this wouldn't be sold out when the St. Louis game sold out in 20 minutes?

Well the reason that the St. Louis game sold out so fast is supposed to be because they opened the floodgates to the ticket touts who bought dozens a time to sell on for hundreds of dollars a piece. No idea why the Yankee Stadium game isn't booked up though.

This past weekend was a holiday weekend in the US. So many people left town, also I went to the game I was in section 229, and there were about 15 city fans including myself (Wife wore my other kit but was only semi-interested), the rest were Chelsea. When we scored you could count the number of city fans by who stood up. What an awesome match, an even better experience. No wonder you guys shell out so much money to watch them on a weekly basis! How lucky you all are. I also can confirm that Chelsea were giving away flags at the entrance of the stadium.

Bballer7389 said:
Falastur said:
LoveCity said:
The New York game isn't sold out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/international/article.php?article_id=33629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/internati ... e_id=33629</a>

How many does the stadium hold and is there any reason this wouldn't be sold out when the St. Louis game sold out in 20 minutes?

Well the reason that the St. Louis game sold out so fast is supposed to be because they opened the floodgates to the ticket touts who bought dozens a time to sell on for hundreds of dollars a piece. No idea why the Yankee Stadium game isn't booked up though.

This past weekend was a holiday weekend in the US. So many people left town, also I went to the game I was in section 229, and there were about 15 city fans including myself (Wife wore my other kit but was only semi-interested), the rest were Chelsea. When we scored you could count the number of city fans by who stood up. What an awesome match, an even better experience. No wonder you guys shell out so much money to watch them on a weekly basis! How lucky you all are. I also can confirm that Chelsea were giving away flags at the entrance of the stadium.

Yeah , i read in the papers that Chelsea were handing out club merchandise to fans entering the stadium , and it's highly probable that many people inside the ground weren't actually Chelsea fans at all , just neutrals who obtained the free flags etc !

Another thing i noticed in both games was that when Chelsea scored there was barely any more noise from the crowds than there was when City scored ...

There were just no rules or enforcement of the city section versus general admission. I was surrounded by people in Chelsea gear, making it hard for anything to get going. Was a ton of fun though, city out on a good show, bar the defenders in the 2nd half

black mamba said:
Bballer7389 said:
Falastur said:

Yeah , i read in the papers that Chelsea were handing out club merchandise to fans entering the stadium , and it's highly probable that many people inside the ground weren't actually Chelsea fans at all , just neutrals who obtained the free flags etc !

Another thing i noticed in both games was that when Chelsea scored there was barely any more noise from the crowds than there was when City scored ...

Yeah City fans were much louder, mainly because the Chelsea fans knew we were the better side. When they scored they weren't as jovial as when we scored.

A lot of neutrals were there to say they went to a European football match. I saw an scum shirt, an arsenal shirt, even people who showed up who were constantly yelling about the NY Rangers game at the match in my section.
I also heard a group of people in front of me in line who literally said: Im trying to educate myself on the finer points of being European. Damn American Hipsters!

Bballer7389 said:
black mamba said:
Bballer7389 said:

Yeah City fans were much louder, mainly because the Chelsea fans knew we were the better side. When they scored they weren't as jovial as when we scored.

A lot of neutrals were there to say they went to a European football match. I saw an scum shirt, an arsenal shirt, even people who showed up who were constantly yelling about the NY Rangers game at the match in my section.
I also heard a group of people in front of me in line who literally said: Im trying to educate myself on the finer points of being European. Damn American Hipsters!

Should have told them to go to the Balkans. They will find all the "finer points" they need to be a European.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.