New York Tour

Lescott tweeted they are already back home. Not happy they took the mancunian weather with them!

citymad said:
Neville Kneville said:
chedinho said:
Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums![/quote
is that true.
i was surprised at the amount of fans they had at the games.

I was surprised at how many shirts but there seemed to be at least as much noise when City scored as Chelsea, possibly more. Also lots of the Chelsea 'fans' seemed to be jumping around when City scored.

Bit fishy if you ask me.

Wouldn't surprise me if they got the teams mixed up or just shouted for ant team that scored. I reckon both teams were told don't worry about defending just go out and put on a show and make sure there's at least 4-5 goals.

Some of them don't have a clue mate. I saw a bloke with a scum shirt on one time and said something about him having shit on his back. He told me that he was an arsenal fan and that his girlfriend had got him the scum shirt.

citymad said:
Neville Kneville said:
chedinho said:
Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums![/quote
is that true.
i was surprised at the amount of fans they had at the games.

I was surprised at how many shirts but there seemed to be at least as much noise when City scored as Chelsea, possibly more. Also lots of the Chelsea 'fans' seemed to be jumping around when City scored.

Bit fishy if you ask me.

Wouldn't surprise me if they got the teams mixed up or just shouted for ant team that scored. I reckon both teams were told don't worry about defending just go out and put on a show and make sure there's at least 4-5 goals.

They were definitely told to keep defending - I remember one moment yesterday where Mata was cutting in from the side to shoot, and two players - I think Lescott and...Nasri? - both desperately threw themselves into a slide to try to deflect his shot with their legs. You don't do that if you're not trying to defend.

More rather, they were both told that it was more important to be stylish - hence the constant attempts to pass straight through the centre of Chelsea's defence with no wing work at all - and that performance was more important than result.

Falastur said:
citymad said:
Neville Kneville said:

Bit fishy if you ask me.

They were definitely told to keep defending - I remember one moment yesterday where Mata was cutting in from the side to shoot, and two players - I think Lescott and...Nasri? - both desperately threw themselves into a slide to try to deflect his shot with their legs. You don't do that if you're not trying to defend.

More rather, they were both told that it was more important to be stylish - hence the constant attempts to pass straight through the centre of Chelsea's defence with no wing work at all - and that performance was more important than result.

It looked to me like chelsea were doing there best impession of Bolton circa fat sam era. Goalie passes ball to sideshow, sideshow lobs ball to Ba, who tries to stay onside. You could also change the names to evra and rooney.

Falastur said:
citymad said:
Neville Kneville said:

Bit fishy if you ask me.

My comment was a little tongue in cheek. Nice to see the lads enjoying the experience and expressing themselves. Thought Nasri was very good and gives me hope he can really impress next season. Hope the lads all have a fantastic summer, watch the weight gain especially Yaya and Tev and come back hungry to win trophies for our beloved club.

Barcon said:
Falastur said:
citymad said:

It looked to me like chelsea were doing there best impession of Bolton circa fat sam era. Goalie passes ball to sideshow, sideshow lobs ball to Ba, who tries to stay onside. You could also change the names to evra and rooney.

True, Chelsea looked very hoof-and-run, always trying to loft the ball onto a striker's head. They were still fairly tight at the back too, though.

Mike N said:
Bunk said:
Section 135! Right behind the goal in the City end.

I'll be in the Hatter beforehand.

This will be the first time I have seen City play since 5th May 1996 at Maine Road!!!

Jesus, that was some game to finish on!

Hope you enjoyed the game.

I was in the same section! Why were so few people singing?! And there were so many Chelsea fans! Wtf!

One of the sections higher up (maybe 236) looked MUCH livelier - wish I could have sat with them!

I guess I'm going to have to fly to Manchester to get the real City experience.

We watched the match on Chelsea TV last night and the thing that struck us was that the commentary was much more even-handed than Sky, BBC or ITV are for our games!

Vienna_70 said:
We watched the match on Chelsea TV last night and the thing that struck us was that the commentary was much more even-handed than Sky, BBC or ITV are for our games!
I don't know.

They didn't stop going on about the foul that Yaya did on that young lad Loftus-Cheek saying how it was friendly and unnecessary but when Luiz came flying across and pushed Zaba over the line it was a "strong challenge" and it was a lot worse imo.
Same when Kompany fouled the young lad again.

Very biased imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.