New York Tour

NickGw2 said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
Anyone else think it was set up to be an exciting game? Wouldn't suprise me if everyone agreed at half time for City to come back and win it so the crowd got excited.

Expect Chelsea to win the next game.

Ya' know, considering we were outnumbered by about 4 Chelsae fans for every 1 City fan I would find this very difficult to believe. We outperformed them first half, but, couldn't finish our chances ( sound familiar?). We sat behind the goal City scored in so was very awesome to see.

Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums!

Bunk said:
Section 135! Right behind the goal in the City end.

I'll be in the Hatter beforehand.

This will be the first time I have seen City play since 5th May 1996 at Maine Road!!!

Jesus, that was some game to finish on!

Hope you enjoyed the game.

Dethred said:
Can we leave Nasri in St. Louis? Just tell him the bus leaves an hour later than it actually does. With no money, or phone, he'll be eaten alive in the downtown area.

Good job they did`nt take your advise eh!

black mamba said:
NickGw2 said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
Anyone else think it was set up to be an exciting game? Wouldn't suprise me if everyone agreed at half time for City to come back and win it so the crowd got excited.

Expect Chelsea to win the next game.

Ya' know, considering we were outnumbered by about 4 Chelsae fans for every 1 City fan I would find this very difficult to believe. We outperformed them first half, but, couldn't finish our chances ( sound familiar?). We sat behind the goal City scored in so was very awesome to see.

Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums![/quote
is that true.
i was surprised at the amount of fans they had at the games.

I have to admit, that my opinion earlier in this thread, where I couldn't see the point of it at all has changed, I think its been a good trip, lots of good PR, and from the little I've seen of it, lots of good football, which has been full of entertainment. The players look relaxed and together again, hopefully its built a few bridges within the squad, and within the whole club.

It should also have converted a few more of those who maybe don't follow football in the US, and maybe it will have gained us some support.

chedinho said:
black mamba said:
NickGw2 said:

Yankee Stadium was largely filled with fans wearing Chelsea gear, but that may have been because the Londoners have been GIVING away stuff outside the stadiums![/quote
is that true.

I was surprised at how many shirts but there seemed to be at least as much noise when City scored as Chelsea, possibly more. Also lots of the Chelsea 'fans' seemed to be jumping around when City scored.

Bit fishy if you ask me.

Two hugely entertaining games of football. Nice to see the pro's playing for fun. I know it was exhition stuff, without pressure, but it does make you wonder what a different manager can achieve in terms of style, and success, if he gets the players' heads in the right place.

Great PR for City.

Neville Kneville said:
chedinho said:

is that true.

I was surprised at how many shirts but there seemed to be at least as much noise when City scored as Chelsea, possibly more. Also lots of the Chelsea 'fans' seemed to be jumping around when City scored.

Bit fishy if you ask me.

Wouldn't surprise me if they got the teams mixed up or just shouted for ant team that scored. I reckon both teams were told don't worry about defending just go out and put on a show and make sure there's at least 4-5 goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.