New York Tour

cleavers said:
Anyone have any idea what the point is ?

Money?

I think we're getting paid quite a bit to play in this plus it will give us some exposure in America with us also launching our new kit there.

simonmdm said:
cleavers said:

Money?

I think we're getting paid quite a bit to play in this plus it will give us some exposure in America with us also launching our new kit there.
Yeah I kind of knew it was money, but is there any other point ? 2 games too far for me, especially given the last 7 days, neither club will play competitively, so the US fans aren't getting the real deal. The way some of our ego's are right now, the best thing they could all do, is get as far away from each other as possible. IMHO

cleavers said:
simonmdm said:
cleavers said:

Money?

Yeah I kind of knew it was money, but is there any other point ? 2 games too far for me, especially given the last 7 days, neither club will play competitively, so the US fans aren't getting the real deal. The way some of our ego's are right now, the best thing they could all do, is get as far away from each other as possible. IMHO

Because of the MLS team Mansour is about to be launching? Granted, I'm a little concerned that the players are going to play two really disinterested games and make us look a bit stupid, but the MLS want fireworks for the announcement of the new team - and one that we are supposed to be running as a sister club - so of course they wanted us to play a game there. Not sure why we're playing two games, but whatever.

because even boring games with reserves is exciting when you're a fan of the club but don't have any other way to see the side in person

Because we are getting a 1/4 of our normal matchday revenue for the season in 2 games. Until a court tells UEFA where to shove there FFP we have to assume it is coming and plan accordingly.

Like others said it is also a good platform for launching the new kit. Will probably watch but not expecting anything great. Best case scenario for me is some of the EDS boys like Denis get a run around.

cleavers said:

Money and raising our fucking global appeal,though the way we are playing it will only be as a kind of fall guy appeal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.