New York Tour

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Are you lot just gluttons for more punishment?

Why would you want to watch this?

So they can extrapolate more doom from a pointless game. If we don't beat Chelsea in this meaningless fixture god only knows what the fall out will be. Sell everyone! Next season already a write off! etc etc.

cleavers said:
simonmdm said:
cleavers said:
Anyone have any idea what the point is ?

Money?

I think we're getting paid quite a bit to play in this plus it will give us some exposure in America with us also launching our new kit there.
Yeah I kind of knew it was money, but is there any other point ? 2 games too far for me, especially given the last 7 days, neither club will play competitively, so the US fans aren't getting the real deal. The way some of our ego's are right now, the best thing they could all do, is get as far away from each other as possible. IMHO
You realize that for some of us this is our only chance to see the club, right? Airline tickets are expensive. Hotels are expensive. Everything is expensive. My wife recently lost her job. We're struggling due to that. We had hoped to make the pilgrimage over to Manchester next season, but I can't see that happening now. So this is it. It might not be much, but I love this football club and it's all I get.

taconinja said:
You realize that for some of us this is our only chance to see the club, right? Airline tickets are expensive. Hotels are expensive. Everything is expensive. My wife recently lost her job. We're struggling due to that. We had hoped to make the pilgrimage over to Manchester next season, but I can't see that happening now. So this is it. It might not be much, but I love this football club and it's all I get.
I do realise yes, and I've no problem with that, but why now ? Why not pre-season, currently we are in disorder, we've no rudder (coach/manager), none of the players will want to play these games either, the season has already finished late as it is, the players should just be getting on with their holidays before pre-season starts.

cleavers said:
taconinja said:
I do realise yes, and I've no problem with that, but why now ? Why not pre-season, currently we are in disorder, we've no rudder (coach/manager), none of the players will want to play these games either, the season has already finished late as it is, the players should just be getting on with their holidays before pre-season starts.

the fixture and contracts signed before mancini was going, and yes it should have been aranged for end of july<br /><br />-- Mon May 20, 2013 1:42 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
cleavers said:
simonmdm said:
Money?

I think we're getting paid quite a bit to play in this plus it will give us some exposure in America with us also launching our new kit there.
Yeah I kind of knew it was money, but is there any other point ? 2 games too far for me, especially given the last 7 days, neither club will play competitively, so the US fans aren't getting the real deal. The way some of our ego's are right now, the best thing they could all do, is get as far away from each other as possible. IMHO

just be carfull mate showsec will have you out if you light up, better off smoking in the bogs

taconinja said:
cleavers said:
simonmdm said:
Money?

Yes! You guys in Manchester have no idea how fortunate you are!

This will be my first time seeing City in person. Ready to stand and sing for 90 min whether the match "matters" or not.<br /><br />-- Mon May 20, 2013 12:47 pm --<br /><br />
andrewmswift said:
because even boring games with reserves is exciting when you're a fan of the club but don't have any other way to see the side in person

Exactly!

Who else is going? Are you in the City supporters section?

Ha ha, I've just spent the past week thinking about how sick of football I am and how I need a break from it all. Spent half the morning on here, and reading this thread thinking "brilliant, games is on the TV".

What a sucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.