New York

You don’t want to go back to the states because of one person that you’re likely never to meet? Life’s to short mate for that kind of thinking.

Maybe, but its not just him though is it. He's just the signifier. It's the whole xenophobic, MAGA thing that's going on, not to mention the NRA/gun violence/police brutality/racial segregation stuff that just puts me off the place atm.

Plus there's plenty of other places in the world i'd rather be going to tbh.

Absolutely love NYC. My advice - don't bother visiting the statue of liberty. Waste of time. You spend hours and too much money doing it. Just get the free staten island ferry instead that passes it. The view is perfect for the photos etc. When it stops, immediately get back on the next one and head back to Manhattan for a second view, as there's nowt really on Staten Island. You can spend more time doing the interesting stuff then!

Oh, and go up the Rockefeller, not the Empire state. MUCH better views of Central Park, and you also get the view of the more interesting building - the Empire state :)

Edit - watch a game with the New York Supporters club too if you're there when one is on! They're a good laugh
I was in Amity Hall for the Palace game, good crowd, good beer and a decent result to top it off, much better than the Mad Hatter imho

I was in Amity Hall for the Palace game, good crowd, good beer and a decent result to top it off, much better than the Mad Hatter imho
Been to both (was at the Mad Hatter for *that* derby, with an Amazon camera crew and blues ordering champagne for everyone at halftime), as we have friends in NYC and go fairly regularly over the past few years, and they both have their strong points. Miss the garden at the Mad Hatter but Amity Hall is a better location in general.

Agree with the comments on going up Rockefeller, try and time it so you are up there at dusk. If it's clear it's fantastic watching the city light up. Also recommend walking the highline which is an old raised railway that they've turned into a park. The last couple of times, we've stayed downtown near ground zero, we prefer it to being in midtown (don't like Time Square, found it tacky) as it's easy enough to get to and from midtown on the subway. If your stay includes a weekend the hotel rates are usually better at that end of town.

Going on Saturday for 7 days , wife and daughter want to go to a Art Museum while myself and son want to watch the Burnley game ( be 3 clock ko over there) . We are staying in Times Square , where is the new City supporters club bar ? Any other suggestions?

I’d love to go to New York. It looks incredible. How much is a beer over there?

I’d love to go to New York. It looks incredible. How much is a beer over there?
Depends on where you go and what you want.

It can literally run anywhere from $4 pints of piss (Pabst, Brooklyn) to $70 750ml bottles of craft imperials (Goose Island, Bourbon County, midtown Manhattan).

A decent ale/lager at a decent establishment will cost about $7-8.

Depends on where you go and what you want.

It can literally run anywhere from $4 pints of piss (Pabst, Brooklyn) to $70 750ml bottles of craft imperials (Goose Island, Bourbon County, midtown Manhattan).

A decent ale/lager at a decent establishment will cost about $7-8.
Wow,plus a $1tipper beer I’ve been told .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.