Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

This game just shows why we aren't champions and in a race to finish 4th.

Piss poor buys by the Spaniard, players clearly older and no longer at the required level, a manager doing poor decisions, tactics (if we have any), no motivating of players and terrible subs.

Too many abject performances like this this season, the sad thing for me personally is that i didn't expect anything else.

I thought De Bruyne and Aguero were poor, I'd agree with the rest, and while average, Zab looks like his legs have gone, much as it pains me to say that.

I agree with you about KDB and Sergio. I was particularly irked by their pitiful efforts to challenge for the ball late in the game.

I thought Mangala had a good game defensively.

We have quite literally gone back 6 years in the space of a season, in that we are in a fight to finish in the top 4.

In the past I've had faith in us to get over the line, whatever the line be, winning the league or a certain game etc. This season I have lost all faith in that ability.

It's like the soul of this side has disappeared.

I don't understand why he had to be played at all on the left, however. Why not play him in the midfield alongside Fernando, move Toure forward, and have De Bruyne play on the left?

Delph is crap on the left. However, I think Pellegrini knows the players better than we do. KDB playing left tonight would have meant a lot more work for him off the ball-and Pellers is trying to protect him best as possible with Real in mind-unfortunately the experiment with Delph there failed miserably again.

I thought De Bruyne and Aguero were poor, I'd agree with the rest, and while average, Zab looks like his legs have gone, much as it pains me to say that.
de Bruyne was our best player. Again. Looked like our minds were elsewhere whilst Newcastle were intent on a point when they really needed all 3

It's nearly to be expected now when we have to play the likes of kolorov, delph, and toure in a deeper position that we are going to struggle, when these guys play, our game changers can't get on the ball and when they do we don't have options, Newcastle figured out pretty early on that if they cut out de bruyne to aguero then we had fuck all threat.

Yaya was an abomination tonight. Another one of his abject, couldn't give a fuck performances, same as kolorov. Delph tries but things happen too quick for him. Navas is like the kid from mighty ducks who was so quick he couldn't stop. He just runs until he can't anymore and then kicks it off the player nearest him.

We have a very particular formation that works and only eleven players who fit it in their correct positions. When we have to change it up, we just aren't very good.

Most disappointing aspect of our midfield play were the half hearted tackles being made. At one point De Bruyne backed out of a 50/50 near the halfway line. Piss poor performance from both sides. Crap game.

We have quite literally gone back 6 years in the space of a season, in that we are in a fight to finish in the top 4.

In the past I've had faith in us to get over the line, whatever the line be, winning the league or a certain game etc. This season I have lost all faith in that ability.

It's like the soul of this side has disappeared.

Only in the league though.

Cup games we seem to be a different side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.