Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

We are no better now than 3 years ago. Quite possibly worse.
We've been excited by De Bruyne because he's had an immediate and clear positive impact, but as a full team, we're stagnant, and arguably deteriorating.
We can argue 'til the cows come home about players with 'potential' for the future, but for every 'potential' that's in the pipeline, there an actual degradation happening on the pitch.

For all our transfer activity, we've had only two tangible improvements who are still with us - Fernandinho and De Bruyne, whilst most of the other players have declined or at best stagnated.
Even those that have been and gone, only Negredo had an immediately positive impact, and that was short lived.

Newcastle looked useless and still appeared to be the better team.
Sick to death of seeing performances like this, they happen far too often. Watching it on TV you see closeups of players faces and they there are far too many with sighing, feeling hard done to, or disinterested.
Newcastle were there for the taking, it wasn't like they were revved up and scrapping for everything - they couldn't believe their luck at how bad we were!

You might be forgiven for thinking it's a CL semi-final coming up and they were going easy on themselves, but it's a style (loose use of the word) of football we've seen before.

When we think we've turned a corner, instead of pressing on and emphasising our strengths, we start taking things easy and expose our biggest weaknesses - complacency and lack of workrate.

I wish I could blame tactics / team selection, and there are plenty of arguments for wondering why certain players keep getting games, but it still doesn't justify the real elephant in the room - attitude.
Yes, I know we've shown fight at times - which demonstrates we are capable of it, but for every time we've shown fight, there is at least another game when we've shown none at all. Tonight was one of those nights.

No urgency, no sense of importance with regard to our top 4 status, no determination.

Has Navas really taken us any further forward from the Johnson days?
Have we got a better central defence than the Lescott days?
Have we got battling midfield that's any stronger than the De Jong days?

We've been damn lucky to get De Bruyne who is clearly an improved addition to our squad, but other than him, are we REALLY much further forward than 3 years ago? I don't believe we are.
I'm not convinced out CL semi-final status is truly an indication of genuine progression - more likely we managed to do quite well for once, but hardly a confirmation of being one of the best 4 in Europe.

We have a very soft underbelly and it has to change.

Nail on head.. pretty much.

Fucking sick of our utterly rank performances in games leading up to Champions League matches under The Charming Man, we clearly have one eye on the Real match so will inevitably fuck up Saturday as well, this is all ao he can go out on a high, fuck us next season when we are in the Europa as he won't care a jot. We were set up badly again tonight and the players played like they were ill prepared for a tough physical game, Stoke will do the same to us on Sat.

Oh and Aguero WILL break down if he gas to play another 60+ against Stoke, it is almost as of Pell wants him tk be crocked again. Same with Kev, inept manager and cannot wait for him to go now.

Tonight's starting lineup STAY or GO
HART STAY
ZABBA GO - VINNY STAY - MANGALA STAY - KOLAROV GO
YAYA GO - DELPH GO - NAVAS GO - FERNANDO STAY
De BRUYNE STAY - AGUERO STAY

SUBS
STERLING STAY - FERNANDINHO STAY - BONY GO

Fucking sick of our utterly rank performances in games leading up to Champions League matches under The Charming Man, we clearly have one eye on the Real match so will inevitably fuck up Saturday as well, this is all ao he can go out on a high, fuck us next season when we are in the Europa as he won't care a jot. We were set up badly again tonight and the players played like they were ill prepared for a tough physical game, Stoke will do the same to us on Sat.
Stoke are in the same boat as Chelsea. But the shock of a 4-0 home defeat might shake them up a bit

A point tonight is OK but we have to beat Stoke. If we do, then we should be targeting 3rd.

Pellers and half this team just don't give a f*ck.

Yaya was a disgrace, I can't even call Navas because that sort of performance is exactly what I expect from him. Delph just isn't the player I thought he might have been.

Was it to much to ask to just have those fuckers at arms length for 4 more games ?

Pardew resting half the fucking side for Semi Final, Vardy out v them, still got to Southampton in between Real games, Arsensl to play

I've got a bad feeling

Tonight's starting lineup STAY or GO
HART STAY
ZABBA GO - VINNY STAY - MANGALA STAY - KOLAROV GO
YAYA GO - DELPH GO - NAVAS GO - FERNANDO STAY
De BRUYNE STAY - AGUERO STAY

SUBS
STERLING STAY - FERNANDINHO STAY - BONY GO

Can't argue with any of that - don't like to say it about Zabba but the decline is noticeable

I agree with you about KDB and Sergio. I was particularly irked by their pitiful efforts to challenge for the ball late in the game.

I thought Mangala had a good game defensively.
They are fucking knackered as they have to play every possible minute since returning from injury as we can't play without them, not their fault imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.