Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Just fucking annoys me that all the press talked about this morning was the offside goal, Sergio has had numerous blatant penalties denied to us over the past two seasons-its a fucking disgrace tbh.
Get over it. If that is all you have to worry about your lucky.

Strange how people are not noticing that KDB was the only person doing exciting things, from time to time, out on that pitch last night.

Though he also missed our best chance to win it he was in the position to miss it and our best player last night but because he did not have Silva or Nasri to take the attention of defenders off him Benitez had ensured they swarmed round him like flies and he was unable to do what he can do best with that little extra room.

On Saturday if there is still no Nasri or Silva back then it is imperative we have one of our creative youngsters alongside him to provide that extra room.

But given Pelle is picking the team then we will probably get Yaya if the mogadon has worn off by then.

A scathing indictment of the Charming Man but one I am inclined to agree with. He has got far too much wrong this season. BUT we are in danger of over the top reactions here. We still can have a happy ending to his tenure need a large slice of luck though.

Imo we have a good chance v Madrid if the manager just acts like he is competent. Similar attitude to the last round, legs in midfield, keep it tight, counter attack, we have a shot. If he lets himself loose & picks all the Yayas & Silvas in the same team, we will almost certainly get fucking hammered.

The biggest piece of luck we need is that Pellegrini remembers how we have played in europe successfully, & got through, rather than picking a team to prove a point how he was right all along.

We need to pick the best 11 players available in every game now. Last night MP had no choice with the full backs and the only decision was playing Otamendi instead of VK. Assuming that Ferny wasn't knackered he should have played with Fernando in the middle. Aguero and KDB is a no brainer leaving two slots. Either play Yaya in the middle of a three with Navas and KDB, or play Sterling and Navas with no Yaya. Or play Kelechi on the left of a three with KDB and Navas. Once Nasri is fit again he comes in as do Clichy and Sagna. Nasri, KDB and Kelechi with Aguero up front should rip up defences. leave Yaya, Silva, Navas and Sterling on the bench with Delph and a couple of defenders and job's a good un

Funny reading this thread, I've read that Navas was dire and also the only one to emerge with any credit other than Hart. Same for Mangala - awful and at the same time MOTM for others.

What happened to the MOTM voting threads, are we not having them any more?
Anyone who thinks Kompany had a g
Great post, but you missed out:

Yaya and Fernando is not a partnership.
Great point!
- Fernando/Fernandinho just about works;
- Fernandinho/YaYa only works against bottom 10;
- Ferndo/YaYa = Disaster.

Anyone who thinks Kompany had a g

Great point!
- Fernando/Fernandinho just about works;
- Fernandinho/YaYa only works against bottom 10;
- Ferndo/YaYa = Disaster.

What does that say about Txiki's recruitment? We're three years in, he has spent millions. Yet we have one midfielder fit for purpose. Who's 31 before the season is out.

No one would put Ya Ya and Fernando together. It's shite. But that unfortunately leaves Fernandinho playing every game.

Fernando & Delph were shit against West Brom.
I imagine Delph is too limited to flourish with YaYa.

It's all well and good saying we're shit in midfield without Fernandinho. I'm pretty sure Pellegrini knows that. Fact remains, Fernandinho is not a robot and Ya Ya & Fernando should have enough about them to win the midfield battle against two Championship players. If hey haven't, there is no point them being in the squad.

Imo we have a good chance v Madrid if the manager just acts like he is competent. Similar attitude to the last round, legs in midfield, keep it tight, counter attack, we have a shot. If he lets himself loose & picks all the Yayas & Silvas in the same team, we will almost certainly get fucking hammered.

The biggest piece of luck we need is that Pellegrini remembers how we have played in europe successfully, & got through, rather than picking a team to prove a point how he was right all along.

For me the biggest piece of luck that we need is that Clichy is fit

What does that say about Txiki's recruitment? We're three years in, he has spent millions. Yet we have one midfielder fit for purpose. Who's 31 before the season is out.

No one would put Ya Ya and Fernando together. It's shite. But that unfortunately leaves Fernandinho playing every game.

Fernando & Delph were shit against West Brom.
I imagine Delph is too limited to flourish with YaYa.

It's all well and good saying we're shit in midfield without Fernandinho. I'm pretty sure Pellegrini knows that. Fact remains, Fernandinho is not a robot and Ya Ya & Fernando should have enough about them to win the midfield battle against two Championship players. If hey haven't, there is no point them being in the squad.
Then we play Dinho every game we need to.

Anyway, half a dozen more games then our midfield will be totally different.

Then we play Dinho every game we need to.

Anyway, half a dozen more games then our midfield will be totally different.

Don't get me wrong. For me I'd play him 90 minutes of every game.
I personally don't think it's a possibility for a Fernandinho type player.

Had he played at the expense of Fernando or Ya Ya last night and missed the CL semis due to an injury or fatigue how do you think that would go down?

Fernando & Ya Ya should be good enough to get the better of Colback and Tiote. I think last night and possibly Saturday would be the only chance of a rest. Now after last night there's no chance of a rest.

With Aguero's offside goal standing I bet that when Clattenwig the Newcastle fan refs us again he will definitely stitch us with yet more dodgy decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.