Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Hart 4 - distribution was poor last night but made one excellent save
Kolarov 3 - terrible game
Mangala 5 - arguably MOTM but was still average
Kompany 3 - terrible game
Zabaleta 5 - did nowt wrong but still average
Fernando 4 - constantly have the ball away
Yaya 3 - terrible game, but why was he (knowing what he's like) asked to play two games in three days?
Delph 2 - absolute dross!
Navas 3 - terrible game
de Bruyne 5 - looked like his shit twin was thrown on there, average
Kun 5 - disjointed with the others, looked lost in his own, average (lovely headed goal though, miles offside or not, might bump him to 5.5 just for that)

A more level headed assessment. Yes we were dire but...

Hart 6, Zaba 5 , Kolarov 5, Kompany 5, Mangala 7, Delph 3, Yaya 5, Fernando 6, Navas 5, Aguero 5, De Bruyne 6.

Another typical city away performance! Cocky, slow, lazy and wrong selection poor all round! Just finished watching madrid thump villareal. If we play like we did yesterday the tie will be over after 1 leg!

Another typical city away performance! Cocky, slow, lazy and wrong selection poor all round! Just finished watching madrid thump villareal. If we play like we did yesterday the tie will be over after 1 leg!

But we won't. That's the problem, the players are picking and choosing which games they can be arsed with and they get away with it

All things considered, a decent point and still on target for 3rd place. A tricky couple of games around the Semis and then what seems to be the decider at home to Arsenal. Time to look forward. Yesterday's game is already history. Looking forward to Saturday. Cheer up, will ya?
A line of what your sniffing please.
But try reading the thread title for once. It's the fucking post-match thread. It's about looking back on the performance shitted out by our current team and coaches. A post-match thread by its very definition is to look back not forward.
"A decent point" - what about the two decent points dropped in a piss poor performance against bloody awful opponents. Newcastle tried, but that's all they did, and it's all they had to do. It's also all they are capable of. They aren't in the bottom three because they are a good team.
Post happy-clappy shit if you want to, but don't come on a post-match thread expecting me to "cheer up" when that car crash of a performance cost me time off work and fuel and ticket money.

What does that say about Txiki's recruitment? We're three years in, he has spent millions. Yet we have one midfielder fit for purpose. Who's 31 before the season is out.

No one would put Ya Ya and Fernando together. It's shite. But that unfortunately leaves Fernandinho playing every game.

Fernando & Delph were shit against West Brom.
I imagine Delph is too limited to flourish with YaYa.

It's all well and good saying we're shit in midfield without Fernandinho. I'm pretty sure Pellegrini knows that. Fact remains, Fernandinho is not a robot and Ya Ya & Fernando should have enough about them to win the midfield battle against two Championship players. If hey haven't, there is no point them being in the squad.
i agree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.