Newcastle (a) post match thread

Ah but you've dodged my question. You were talking about people dining out on last season's success and not showing fight and desire. I asked who you had in mind. Instead you've listed three players, who are ageing but strongly motivated, plus another trier who is on a chronically poor streak of form.
Maybe this season is moving towards us going deep into the Champions League with Vinnie fit for the biggest games and undroppable. When Vinnie plays and leads us into battle, I always get the sense that anything is possible. I quite fancy the idea of us going a long way, but not having the favourites tag. No-one wants to play us.

I am actually still confused what I watched last night. How can I still be gutted ? Wtf went wrong. Been depressed all day.

Wonder how the players feel today
Liverpool have been poor at least as many times as us - quite a few more times actually. Difference is Pickford and Spironi chucked the ball into their own nets and Salah diving and getting pens. Liverpool have had no injuries to their star performers.

Ah but you've dodged my question. You were talking about people dining out on last season's success and not showing fight and desire. I asked who you had in mind. Instead you've listed three players, who are ageing but strongly motivated, plus another trier who is on a chronically poor streak of form.

Fair comment you have me there. Having said that is it a loss of form for certain players, or an easing off, ie dining out on last seasons success, or a combination of both?

Walker was good last season, but Danilo didn't offer any alternative IMO. He has stepped up now when needed but the left back spot has been a nightmare again.
It's been a nightmare all season even with Mendy starting this season he was bang average.
If Pep is staying longer than the extra 1 year then he won't go with what we have not a chance.

Injuries & playing players out of position & out of the depth at times has to be No 1 priority.

I don't get it, we were about to throw 50m on Jorginio, 60m + wages on FDJ & talk of Alan & Ndombele then where is the cash why arnt we going all in now??

Fuck FFP just like PSG are doing, we must be in trouble IMO Pep has come on & said we arnt reacting quick enough & FFP has also been on his agenda.
He hasn't looked himself in the dugout lately so what's the problem?

Liverpool have been poor at least as many times as us - quite a few more times actually. Difference is Pickford and Spironi chucked the ball into their own nets and Salah diving and getting pens. Liverpool have had no injuries to their star performers.
IMO our forwards miss to many opportunities & good chances. Yes we have many goals between many players but Liverpool front 3 are prolific they take more 1st time opportunities than any of our front 2.
Salah just doesn't miss diver or not he is there fucking heart beat.

It's been a nightmare all season even with Mendy starting this season he was bang average.
If Pep is staying longer than the extra 1 year then he won't go with what we have not a chance.

Injuries & playing players out of position & out of the depth at times has to be No 1 priority.

I don't get it, we were about to throw 50m on Jorginio, 60m + wages on FDJ & talk of Alan & Ndombele then where is the cash why arnt we going all in now??

Fuck FFP just like PSG are doing, we must be in trouble IMO Pep has come on & said we arnt reacting quick enough & FFP has also been on his agenda.
He hasn't looked himself in the dugout lately so what's the problem?
Think Mendy was starting to pick up some form, surprised me in the Liverpool game.

We really got fucked by the jorginho deal, if they had told us with enough time I believe we would have got someone else in. Problem now is that the January prices are so high compared to summer and most of the types of players we want are ineligible for champs League as well. It's a total shit show imo

Liverpool only drawing 1-1 with Leicester with only minutes to go. That is kind of a comfort after last night if it stays like that.

Chelsea got destroyed tonight as well. Scudded 4-0 off of Bournemouth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.