Newcastle (a) post match thread

We need to let Pep buy who he wants, not baulk at the fees/wages. That's modern football, you get what you pay for. Pep looking pissed off probably because he keeps missing out on players he wants because we insist on this wage structure. Until we break that then we won't be able to stay ahead of the other top teams in Europe.

Players get older, tired, lose form or sharpness. Sometimes teams just need the boost a new signing gives. We always sit on our hands the summer after winning the league, and each following season is a disappointment.
And many celebrate "walking away", "dodging a bullet" and "never wanting them anyway".
You're so right.

We need to let Pep buy who he wants, not baulk at the fees/wages. That's modern football, you get what you pay for. Pep looking pissed off probably because he keeps missing out on players he wants because we insist on this wage structure. Until we break that then we won't be able to stay ahead of the other top teams in Europe.

Players get older, tired, lose form or sharpness. Sometimes teams just need the boost a new signing gives. We always sit on our hands the summer after winning the league, and each following season is a disappointment.

Pep's pissed off 'cos his football fortunes normally equate to a gold ingot with a speck of dust; MCFC have often had an ingot of pure 24ct shite with a thin vein of iron pyrites running through it! He has been in a position where he just loses the odd match. Serial losing is not within his experience.

You are absolutely right, two of our best midfielders (Dinho & Silva) are 30+. We needed a DM and a LB and IMO a striker too in the summer and instead we got Mahrez. Don't get me wrong Mahrez is a good player (although I think Pep is playing him out of position) but we didn't need him. I hadn't thought of the transfer side of things but you are dead right we win the league then we don't strengthen but everyone around us does.

I posted last night that they sulk. Must say though they must get sick of it. We get nothing and i mean nothing from any official, thats fine we dont want or need their help we are not the dippers, but we deserve a level playing field. Ok lets say the ref was right to disallow that goal (cheating ****) to then give a card was disgraceful changed kev's game completely, hes a dynamic player and was at risk of a red from that moment on. So just when we need him we have to take him off. A clear agenda move if ever i saw one.you can bet your life had that episode been for ANY other club not only would the goal have stood the media would be all over it as genius. Thats why our lads lose faith, they know we are being got at and their efforts are wasted, and that includes Pep and any likely transfer targets.

I think you’re being massively paranoid mate

The morning after the night before, and that result hurts.

Although not impossible I think the tittle has gone, we seem to have a blip every season after winning it, transfers not good enough but I think restrictions have hindered us this season. Back to last night, slow, lethargic, shocking passing not seen that many bad passes for a long time, too many players had a bad night we looked like strangers. We’ve lost 3 times this season while in a winning position against teams who on paper we should be mullering, the football we play at times is breathtaking but there is a time when we should just row Z it , take note Danilo on the pass too Fern.

Can’t see the scouse rats slipping up this time, top 4 is safe, let’s go and win a cup or two and get that fast flowing football back.

Football is the most simple game in the world. You take your chances and you win, if you don't you won't win.

Who said develope a counter attacking team, all I'm saying is you defend as a team and you attack as a team. The Leicester game last season was a prime example for me, were 1-0 up, Leicester are attacking us we have all 10 players behind the ball, we break Leroy squares it to KDB, we make it 2-0, whats wrong with playing like that and showing teams respect away from home.

We do put ten players behind the ball and defend if we are forced to and we are excellent at counter attacking, that's how we scored last night, but we are not going to go out and sit back and let teams come at us. It would be interesting to see if we deliberately sat deep and invited teams forward whether they would come out to play. However that woudl mean surrendering possession and that is not what we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.