Newcastle (a) post-match thread

It was crazy to go into the season with just one trusted centre half. Whether that was because Kompanys decision to leave was a shock and left us little time to buy anyone I don't know. I say trusted centre halves because Pep didn't trust Stones or Otamendi and with good reason. I think Kompany leaving has had a bigger impact than anyone realised. We look lost and mentally weak without his influence.

We need to hang on the n the domestic cups and hope if we get to the finals we have some key men back. We might win one or two which the way we look at the moment would be a huge plus. The champions league we have no chance in my opinion and the title is gone, as much as that hurts given who will win it. Huge rebuild needed in the Sumner.

I understand the point about Kompany, but we did have at least 3 seasons when he was here that look and feel a lot like it does now.

He’s not doing anything spectacular though is it?

I’ve never been shy about being critical of Hart but he used to have a handful of ‘wow’ matches each season as a rule. Ederson is tidy but he’s not pulling UK trees this season, so far.

Personally find it hard to blame him for the performances in front of him.

You know we had 24 shots, only 9 of which were on target and only 2 goals.

THAT’S our issue this year, not pep or the midfield.

injuries obviously don’t help an already shit defense but that conversion rate is unforgivable.
I've been saying this all season (it was even the case when we stuck 8 past Watford), but its not ONLY that, our full backs are worse than poor, or being instructed to do the wrong thing, and that causes issues for both CB's.

I think they put in a really good effort but we're not playing at the level needed to transform that into points - not a lack of application more a lack of cohesion and certain star players either being absent or past it.

As for the fans, if the players showed as much passion and energy as the fans do for most home games we'd be languishing in the conference with Stockport County.
Home maybe but away support is excellent, Today the fantastic amazing passionate magnificent St James atmosphere was created by the fans in Blue and all they had was a couple of Cheryl Cole silent farts.

please please please people get behind the team and don't blow and start to sound like glory hunters but keep the faith
the damage was done by the officials and VAR this season and maybe enough was enough and let them have it attitude has gotta into this team. something not right and from pep to the players the hunger and willingness and fight has gone from this team, and add the injuries and asking players to cover long term was to much

yes we can moan like fuck and not be happy about today, but we know there is still a lot football to be played and champions league break and transfer window and the new year could be a great year in europe and cups, i will never stop defending manchester city and what we have been treated to over the last ten years is special and you can not win the league every season

the hurt comes from the dodgy officials and VAR this season and not from the players or manager or city its the backing of liverpool football club in giving them the help that is needed to beat this great manchester city side is so clear and VAR has given them the title from day one, watching the game today was hard in seeing the pain on the players and pep faces ?? also the body language is clear ? there are not enjoying playing in the premier league the war is over knowing you are being done over and the better team does not win all the time and is hard to take

be very proud of what we have done over the last 2 seasons and don't become one of them moaning fuckers over the road or them in london with arsenal and spurs. dust yourself down and we got again next week THIS IS MANCHESTER CITY DRINK IT IN

Mahrez is not a winger. When he was at Leicester he had a free role behind the striker. Given we don't play like that not sure why we bought him.

So unless we change the manager I'd be inclined to move him on.

I know this is controversial, but when I watch some of his recent games, I would even seriously consider selling Sterling.

He is at the top of his value and for £200m, we might need to take one step backwards to take two forward?

Add that to £100m plus for Sane, and we can surely fill the team with more youthful quality.

On his day, Sterling looks a world beater, but there are times when he looks less than ordinary.

They thought Ferguson was mad to sell Ince, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, but he knew when to cash in and replace for the sake of moving forward again.

I would expect the majority to disagree with me but I think the market is bottoming out and we need to start thinking where this team of ours is going to be in a couple of years time.

You do talk some shit Tolmie. Let's sell our current best player yay.

He’s not doing anything spectacular though is it?

I’ve never been shy about being critical of Hart but he used to have a handful of ‘wow’ matches each season as a rule. Ederson is tidy but he’s not pulling UK trees this season, so far.

Follow this thought through -

Ederson Isnt doing anything spectacular. Nor is Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Mendy, Angelino, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Silva, Silva, Sterling, Jesus or Aguero.

So whose fault is it? Them or the manager or the collective?

Today the result was all about our defence or lack of it.

If four, 80 year olds attack our back line I'd be worried. Ferna needs to be back in Midfield.

I wouldn't rush to get another CB, I'd get the right one in the summer. We just need to finish in the top 4.

Hopefully pool will drop some point and get some injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.