Newcastle (a) post-match thread

We are going to need him. Burnley are going to bombard us in the air. Stones isn't willing to go and win headers, Fernandinho will try but is ultimately giving up about 3/4 inches to Wood and Barnes. Foden should play instead of Silva.

Dont disagree with any of that. Otamendi might even start then.

3 ways I can think of to explain this seasons results:

1) Injuries

2) Players getting older and lacking leaders

3) Pep adapting to the above incorrectly

Any game I see people complaining about 4 or 5 players, it is almost always the fault of the manager imo.

Let's play Foden, Eric and go 3 atb, or put Dinho back in midfield and play Eric/Rodri in CB.

I think we’d stand a chance to score more with fern where he should be, a risk I’d rather take than sitting and waiting to concede while watching gundo knock sideways passes all over the place and chicken out of tackles.
We were discussing that after the game on Tuesday, and I agree, we've lost something going forward by moving Fernandhino to CB.

There was a time not too long ago we would stream forward and rip teams apart with our attack. I know we have older players but it seems we've done a 180. We wait till 11 players are in the box before we have a go at goal. Be interesting to see how many back and side passes we made compared to forward passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.