Newcastle (A) Post-Match Thread

Is it the same mental strength which produced this?

D9-BC7-F52-0-AC4-4-A53-BB4-D-E4-DE3-D3-BC363.jpg

Or is it the same mental strength which sees us having already won the community shield, league cup and has us in the FA Cup semi final and 2-1 up vs Madrid in the CL?

Truth is, our record shows we’re one of the most mentally strong teams in the history of English football. The consistency is unparalleled.
Good post mate, some proper clueless bellends on this forum

Wanker, its a pity we couldn't have brought Stan Horne on for 5mins to break his nose
The commentators joked about it but Carroll's last challenge on Laporte was a disgrace. Caroll is just a drunken thug who has taken the piss out of Newcastle fans for years with his pitiful antics. I'm glad donkeys like him are a rare sight in English football these days.

I wonder how well Carroll would have done in the days of Mike Doyle, Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith? I suspect those guys would have "had a word". George Heslop would have put him in orbit.
He wouldn't last 5 mins against those gentle men.

Happy with a very dominant performance and a clean sheet,
although - we normally concede the odd chance with 80% possession but Gray forgot about that.

Normally we still beat very deep sitting teams over 90 long minutes,
while high pressing teams hurt us most - but that has to be done brilliantly like Chelsea or Liverpool can do, otherwise we cut through and have open field.

Top teams know that and we need to cope with that high pressing in a different way.
Problem is we rarely have those opponents and mostly play high and dominant.

Anyway, strong response, well done.

Btw, fantastic goal by Raz. If Mahrez would learn to keep the ball low and accurate
instead of bombing the ball over the roof he would be a weapon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.