Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

Tbh I never at any point thought we were going to lose that game.
I doubt Pep takes any decisions lightly and there will be valid reasons for each of the starting 11 to have played.
I trust him implicitly even when I disagree with one of his decisions
I fucking adore Pep, but his team selections in certain games have cost us (most recently the FA cup semi)
He is still a human being capable of making mistakes. However, I’m fairly confident he’ll get it right for the CL final. He’s been accused of over thinking things in the last but this season he seems to have got it right. We’ve played our own game and let other teams worry about us.

He was much more effective on that right side tonight. Pep trying things

I have said earlier this season when playing Torres and Jesus, jesus should be on the wing and Torres centre. I see Jesus more of a winger permanently and Torres doing the same in the centre.

Last edited:
Ake had a poor night tonight. Maybe some of it was down to Garcia, but he has to share some of the blame for our defending.
Agree to an extent but when your trying to cover for your mate who isn't pulling his weight your trying to be in too many places at the same time your bound to mess up, and he did. Garcia brjngs nothing to the team.

Just a few Random thoughts. Torres has great potential. Not sad to see the back of Garcia. As a centre back Ake made a strong claim to be a left back next season. Walker is great but still has too many brain farts in him.

Finally, and sadly, what has happened to Sterling ? He was terrible again tonight.

I did enjoy that game.

Was good to just sit back & enjoy the game for what it is, without the usual stress. That comes in a couple of weekends.

Usual bullshit with VAR, they've really got to fix that in the off season. It's criminal how poor it is.

Torres is a special talent. Lad could be anything. Gundogan is almost our player of the year and the PL player of the year if it wasn't for Dias.

A few others did themselves no favours with the Final coming up, but as a whole was a entertaining 90 minutes so can't complain to much.

Gondogan is the complete footballer. I regard him as the grown up on the pitch. Razor sharp skill, and a brain to go with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.