Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Thought the game was ticking along nicely with Newcastle getting more feisty has it went on. The start of the second half changed things as they put more energy into it the contact was more prevalent. Fair play, they worked hard and put the boot into our players, like the good old PL should be.

However, Pep realised that it was getting a bit much, especially against our younger players, and had a word. He gets a card and then has a proper word with Howe, who looks into the abyss, thinking of what may come in future encounters. Too late for him, he’s decided that his team have to win this, regardless of future cost.

Pep will not forget.

You’re a **** and the few dicks who give you a thumbs up are well known cunts so enjoy.
No reason to be aggressive? I’ve always been a massive supporter of Grealish and my opinion today is nothing about him as an overall player. However, he shouldn’t get a pass as an auto first team selection. Pep has treated people like Foden in the same exact way, and you can use last season as an example. Foden had to work his way back in, the same way Grealish should. Doku was miles better today, and has shown tremendous improvement just within a a few games under Pep.

Congratulations to plucky minnows Newcastle on their famous night when against all the odds their youth team beat full strength Man City who were desperate to progress … sorry I just turned into the sky sports Commentators for a minute then
This may be hard for some to take but I wanted us out of the LC due to how the dates fell for other comp’s, and as we are out, no real issues on our part. What was interesting was how much they put into that game, so early in the season, and how that will effect them later in the season.

Carabao cup or club World Cup?
Players getting injured or giving players who need minutes, minutes?

Choose wisely.
It was never a choice. We'll be in Saudi Arabia the week of 12/18 to 12/22 playing for the Club World Cup. There were never any options. If we had made it to the quarterfinals of the league cup we would have had to field the academy squad, simple as.

This may be hard for some to take but I wanted us out of the LC due to how the dates fell for other comp’s, and as we are out, no real issues on our part. What was interesting was how much they put into that game, so early in the season, and how that will effect them later in the season.
So did I .. doesn’t alter the fact that the commentary was totally bizarre

The fact the daft sods treat a CL qualified team beating us as a giant killing act suggests we are indeed in a league of our own. Just not tonight though, which I'm sure we can all live with in the circumstances. .

Really, do you think he would have got the ball tonight, been sayi g to my old fella, we will rue not getting Kane. He drops deep and is a far better player than Haaland will ever be. Love the viking, his attitude etc but he doesnt have Kane's guile
Please step away from the pipe with your hands in the air...LMFAO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.