Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Expected a lot more from Jack tonight.Getting to the stage that Doku is our first pick now on the left.
Our final pass just wasn't there tonight.
Great support tonight.The Newcastle fans as quiet as I have heard them.That's two games this season against us they have been a lot quieter than normal.
Definitely, I love our super Jack but he needs to step his game up. Though I think this was a blessing in disguise as our calendar is so stacked between the Prem, UCL, FA cup, Club world cup and international games.

Mildly disappointing evening but not surprising. A few things we’ve learned:
Pep doesn’t care about the League Cup this season.
Any City side missing KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Stones, Dias, Walker and Rodri isn’t going to get to hit the heights.
Grealish needs to offer more of a threat.
Bobb has great skills but needs to improve his final ball.
Phillips doesn’t have a future with us. He hid for spells takes up poor positions and isn’t comfortable receiving the ball on the half turn.

No where near as clever or technical as Kane. I don't think he did make tge difference in games, just my opinion..the goals tally as a team is key..kanecwould have been better buy..for 4 or 5 years even
you been in the pub all day mate lol
I’m actually unsure if you’re being serious or it’s a wind up post ?

Expected a lot more from Jack tonight.Getting to the stage that Doku is our first pick now on the left.
Our final pass just wasn't there tonight.
Great support tonight.The Newcastle fans as quiet as I have heard them.That's two games this season against us they have been a lot quieter than normal.
Love Jack as a human being but looks like hes going to have a real battle to establish his place back again. Doku is much quicker, direct, has something unpredictable and stays on his feet more.

Disappointing, especially as I'd travelled up, but ultimately it's probably our fifth, possibly sixth, lowest priority this season.

Hard to judge everything else. A few players proved why they are currently in the squad rather than first teamers which won't come as a shock to many of us on here.

Their fans were shite again, having been shite at the Etihad.

Their goal was far far far too soft. Not watched it back but someone put a fucking leg in.

I am a long term Grealish defender, but today was back to some of his poorer first season games. Control for control's sake when you're 1-0 down.

For me we have a lot of new players being introduced to the system. We've seen over the years that it takes a good 12 months for players to adapt and to give us their best in our shape.

Replace a big chunk of the team with new players and we lose the essence of our system.
Tonight that showed.

Neat but ineffective in the first half. Just ineffective in the second.

It’s an old cliché but we have other priorities. We have a zillion games ahead of us and can’t go balls out in every competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.