Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

I'm not making excuses but I feel we truly did not put forth the effort to chase that goal after being pretty dominant the first half. Gotta admit I'm getting more and more pissed at how much time wasting Howe is clearly drilling into his team as a tactic.

Meh, not happy we lost but really happy to get some breathing room now the least valuable trophy is unattainable.

I'm very disappointed in Philips performance. I felt he was ineffective, slow and looking to get rid vs do anything with the ball. I'd rather give Gvadiol a shot at the 6 than Philips.

I normally don’t look at player ratings, but I looked at a few for this game. On one site, Gvardiol and Phillips shared the worst rating of the team (4). And on another Akanji had the worst rating of the team (5). Seemed harsh for the two defenders? Should I be ignoring these sites and get my hot takes here?!?

Depends, are you a real person with their own thoughts and opinions. Or a stupid **** who needs to have their hand held when crossing the road.
Thanks I’ve just spilled my tea everywhere!

Depends, are you a real person with their own thoughts and opinions. Or a stupid **** who needs to have their hand held when crossing the road.
In all seriousness, I have my own thoughts, but I’m also an American who hasn’t watched football that long in the scheme of things. So I’m not always the best judge…I think…but trying to make myself a more educated viewer.

No reason to be aggressive? I’ve always been a massive supporter of Grealish and my opinion today is nothing about him as an overall player. However, he shouldn’t get a pass as an auto first team selection. Pep has treated people like Foden in the same exact way, and you can use last season as an example. Foden had to work his way back in, the same way Grealish should. Doku was miles better today, and has shown tremendous improvement just within a a few games under Pep.
He's 2 games back from being out with an injury. This game meant fuck all apart from minutes in his legs. We weren't arsed about going through. Why on earth do people think otherwise?

Just my own personal take ...on the carabora cup.
The competition is sponsored by a drinks company.
The drink is full of sugar.
Sugar Feeds Cancer.
It's an absolute disgrace that young footballers/school kids are blantly exposed to this carcogenic brand.
Yet.... we still search for the answer / cure for Cancer...
I,m glad City are out of it.
Drinks laden with sugar ,should not be the the sponsors of any Football competition.

Rant over.

Meh Clear we weren’t bothered really. Played some nice stuff in first half but no one really went for it. I think there was some practice around sound shape/formations etc coaching and movement. No real desire to risk injuries or suspensions. It’s a competition too far with the injuries, suspension and squad refresh.

Meh Clear we weren’t bothered really. Played some nice stuff in first half but no one really went for it. I think there was some practice around sound shape/formations etc coaching and movement. No real desire to risk injuries or suspensions. It’s a competition too far with the injuries, suspension and squad refresh.
Th Cara Cup is a chance to play those on the edges of the squad. Only teams that never win anything try hard to win it.

It is an “also-rans” competition that helps put silverware in the cabinets of teams that don’t win much.

When that was us, it mattered. Now? Not so much!

Domestically, City are ALL about Top 4. From there, challenging for the top spot.

Internationally, City are about getting to at least the Semi-Finals of the Champions League every year.

Top 4 and CL SF puts the money into the club that it needs to continue to grow both competitive and commercial revenues, allowing the model to work.

More than 1 year out of the CL blows up FFP.

Against that business case backdrop, the Carabao Cup is a very distant 4th competition…and we have proved it three seasons in a row now, while winning a Treble Treble!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.