Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

I couldn’t just do a like for this @Tim of the Oak , you are so correct in your middle paragraph. We need to support and keep behind our lads. We may think it’s ok, it’s in our own forum but, the same way some read other teams forums, they read ours!
Plus I’ve just been on FB and the vitriol on there is terrible. :-(

Richard Edgehill, Bob Taylor and Kit Symons to name 3

Think being noted for getting behind our players is somewhat a myth we like tell ourselves, every squad we have had 1-2 the fans blame for everything and anything.

On Philips, one game doesn't define a player, pick him on Saturday and when we go full strength and then judge if he should start v Arsenal

We got beat and move on.

The worrying development this week is that the rags got behind Harry Maguire and Bluemoan scapegoated Kalvin Phillips. Make of that what you want.

I think the lads will bounce back against Wolves and I’m glad we rested several key players.
Anyone wanting a footballer to die for a bad performance needs urgent help let's get that clear.

I am not blaming a defeat on Kalvin Phillips and as you rightly say football is a team game, but the fact remains he is several levels below our standards, that sadly is a fact.

He plays in a vital position and is coming in to replace one, if not the finest player of his type in Rodri, a huge ask but sadly even as a back up he is simply not good enough.

Kovacic and Nunes in the short time they have been at our club have shown so much more.

Kalvin Phillips is good enough to play football at PL level for a lot of teams, sadly for him and us we are not one of them.

Anyone wanting a footballer to die for a bad performance needs urgent help let's get that clear.

I am not blaming a defeat on Kalvin Phillips and as you rightly say football is a team game, but the fact remains he is several levels below our standards, that sadly is a fact.

He plays in a vital position and is coming in to replace one, if not the finest player of his type in Rodri, a huge ask but sadly even as a back up he is simply not good enough.

Kovacic and Nunes in the short time they have been at our club have shown so much more.

Kalvin Phillips is good enough to play football at PL level for a lot of teams, sadly for him and us we are not one of them.
Apart from last night, Kalvin is only in the discussion about starting games because of injuries and suspensions. We can all see that.

That’s completely different from lots of so called Blues on here and Twitter saying we watched Kalvin’s every move from the start of the game and claim he didn’t put a foot right. That’s pretty strange IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.