Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Sky has been going down the nick for the last 3 years, full of absolute balloons.
They knew but doesn't suit the agenda.One question to ANYBODY moaning on this forum, League or Carabao ? all the team will be in Saudi w/c 18Dec we cannot be in two places at once and the League won't move it, same applied to Liverpool in 2019

I would have turned to him and quietly said “No, I wasn't a supporter in the 70s. I was a supporter in the 60s.”
In any case, is he suggesting that there are no new Newcastle fans in the last ten years? Or since the takeover? And would he not therefore welcome them?
I should bloody well hope City has got new fans over the last fifteen years or so. When I look around me in the SS, I see too many grey heads (like mine!). Worries me…
And I should hope, for the sake of his club, that it has acquired new and young fans too.
In the seventies we were a regular top four/six club with 35-40,000 crowds only a handful of clubs had bigger gates.
Even in the 80's Newcastle regularly played in front of sub 20.000 crowds whilst we were struggling in the old 2nd division and in the same period and attracting nearer 30,000 crowds , its just the myth about Geordies and their passionate fan base , its a load of bollocks. But if you tell a lie often enough some daft tw*ts will believe it.

Newcastle is a big City with ONE football club , we have to compete with the self proclaimed biggest club in the world in our city when the Rags were winning everything ,so credit where credit is due it would have been far easier for our fans going to go and support a succesful Rag team and desert our club but we didnt , where as Newcastle have a captive audience unless you class South Shields as an alternative !!!

Your point was to jump on my post and call it bollocks without any resemblance of a counter argument other than we where weak as piss, I wasn’t expecting university challenge, but by the Christ that was basic….You saw the line up, no Dias Stones Walker Rodri Haaland, all physical specimens that won’t be knocked about, this team had Bobb Lewis & Gomez in it, hardly players you’d go to war with, Newcastle realised they couldn’t win a football match & turned it into something else for ten minutes, and fair doos got a result, You won’t hear me calling our young lads out for not being able to mix it with some of those Newcastle thugs, but if you can back your argument with something other than weak as piss I’ll listen ?
Good point

If we win at Wolves this game should be a footnote. Hate City losing and I like the Carabao Cup but if we had to lose a game this was the one to do so. We had our leaders and main striker on the bench. Is that as team desperate to win? We cannot win every game.

So to Saturday. Now that is a game that matters.

Don't really like moaning at games when we lose as it's that rare but god, that refereeing performance was one of the worst I've seen for a while. Called so many wrong challenges and looked like he wanted to avoid carding any Newcastle player. Seen some stat on Sky Sports as well when Doku had literally just stepped foot on the pitch and they put 'Fewest touches' stat on there and obviously he was leading it after a minute on the pitch. You'd think they would try harder to hide that deep hatred of us wouldn't you.

Hats off to every blue who travelled. That turnip Newcastle fan who butted in at the start saying where were the City fans in the 70s? Cheap, pathetic jibe. I recall a few jaunts up North to watch some very tight games across that decade and, just maybe a minor match at Wemberley in 1976 slipped his fuddled memory.
Turnip is being kind , it didn't take long but a quick search on t'interweb shows City had a better average crowd than Newcastle in the seventies for 8 of the 10 seasons . I know because I was one of them ! City att. First
70/71 32720 , 29785.
71/72 38573 , 32664
72/73 32351 , 27989
73/74 30756 , 32861
74/75 32898 , 34614
75/76 34280 , 33060
76/77 40058 , 33599
77/78 41687 , 24729
78/79 36203 , 20494
79/80 35272 , 23345
This in a time when the capacity of Maine Road and St.James was over 50K so the figures are not affected by this . As always , the myth is portrayed in the media that the Geordies are fantastic fans and always have been (some of their average attendances slipped below 20K in the 80's) and we have no fans , the turnip then regurgitates . I appreciate there were circumstances that led to lower attendance in the 80s such as high unemployment in the north of england and rampant hooliganism being amongst them . I'm not advocating that the Geordie support is rubbish at all . I just wish that the facts were presented instead of the usual bullshit.

Im sure Gary James will correct me if the figures are incorrect !

Sky has been going down the nick for the last 3 years, full of absolute balloons.
Just before half time the commentators mentioned that Newcastle had just had their first touch in the city area in half an hour. They said you could have watched Emmerdale and tuned back in and you wouldn't have missed anything. Not like we were dominating the game and having chances throughout that first half.

Again, why would anyone pay these cunts their money?

Don't really like moaning at games when we lose as it's that rare but god, that refereeing performance was one of the worst I've seen for a while. Called so many wrong challenges and looked like he wanted to avoid carding any Newcastle player. Seen some stat on Sky Sports as well when Doku had literally just stepped foot on the pitch and they put 'Fewest touches' stat on there and obviously he was leading it after a minute on the pitch. You'd think they would try harder to hide that deep hatred of us wouldn't you.
The coverage and agenda last night was pathetic. Sky seemed to have doubled down on their anti City propaganda. The referee played his part, a complete twat, he’s from Ashton so will be a rag or one of these small club supporting bitter bastards. He started refereeing at 13, so this his or his fathers chosen career and probably knows helping to fuck City will do his career no harm. Bet he got a text of that Newcastle cheat Michael Oliver with smiley faces etc.

Hats off to every blue who travelled. That turnip Newcastle fan who butted in at the start saying where were the City fans in the 70s? Cheap, pathetic jibe. I recall a few jaunts up North to watch some very tight games across that decade and, just maybe a minor match at Wemberley in 1976 slipped his fuddled memory.
As with all of the kn*bhead herberts who support other teams and who spout such claptrap, he should look at his own team's 'Istry before opening his cake hole..

1990-91 season Newcatle's average home attendance was 16879, recording the lowest historic home attendance of 10004 against Oxford United. Attendances didn't pick up until Kevin Keegan arrived as manager sometime later.

When we were in the Third Division a few years later we still averaged almost double that attendance figure.

Bunch of f**king planks these internet warriors..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.