Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Last edited:
Not sure why Jack is getting so much grief on here...

As WhoScored shows, Grealish was one of Manchester City’s better performers on what was a disappointing night for the Citizens overall.

The 28-year-old completed 100% of his passes with 45 successful efforts, the only player on the pitch who played the entire 90 minutes to achieve that feat.

Grealish also registered three key passes – no player on the pitch recorded more – while winning three freekicks for the Citizens.
What’s worse is that so far on here I’ve seen the usual lazy judgemental tropes whittled out about him celebrating the treble and drinking as though it’s an unforgivable act and has some bearing on the fact that - nearly 4 months later - he’s just recovered from an injury that kept him out for the best part of a month HENCE WHY HE ISN’T FIT.

Pep had no intention of trying to win that game last night, what it turned out to be was a very useful training session for a number of the players - we come out of it with fitter players and no more injuries, which is what matters most. I just wish some on here would stop targeting the same individual players in the manner that we would normally expect from rival fans or the media.

Hats off to every blue who travelled. That turnip Newcastle fan who butted in at the start saying where were the City fans in the 70s? Cheap, pathetic jibe. I recall a few jaunts up North to watch some very tight games across that decade and, just maybe a minor match at Wemberley in 1976 slipped his fuddled memory.

I would have turned to him and quietly said “No, I wasn't a supporter in the 70s. I was a supporter in the 60s.”
In any case, is he suggesting that there are no new Newcastle fans in the last ten years? Or since the takeover? And would he not therefore welcome them?
I should bloody well hope City has got new fans over the last fifteen years or so. When I look around me in the SS, I see too many grey heads (like mine!). Worries me…
And I should hope, for the sake of his club, that it has acquired new and young fans too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.