Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Your point was to jump on my post and call it bollocks without any resemblance of a counter argument other than we where weak as piss, I wasn’t expecting university challenge, but by the Christ that was basic….You saw the line up, no Dias Stones Walker Rodri Haaland, all physical specimens that won’t be knocked about, this team had Bobb Lewis & Gomez in it, hardly players you’d go to war with, Newcastle realised they couldn’t win a football match & turned it into something else for ten minutes, and fair doos got a result, You won’t hear me calling our young lads out for not being able to mix it with some of those Newcastle thugs, but if you can back your argument with something other than weak as piss I’ll listen ?
Jesus what a fanny. Dry your eyes..

Just a reminder that Gomez was in the team of the tournament for the under 21s Euros in the summer. He would start in most premier league teams. He isn't up to the level of our first team i.e. the best team in the world, but he is a quality player. Personally I was impressed with his performance last night considering he played 3 different positions.
maybe. but i watched him struggle against a reserve newcastle team and one of his last starts in a game that mattered he was giving a red card and penalty away. i dont agree he would start in ‘most’ PL teams.

The turning point of that game last night was when Anthony Gordon did that tackle early on in the second half! The crowd got lifted and you could sense that they were on it!
If ever there was an occasion of the 12th man influencing a game that was it!
Certainly a game of two half’s as the cliche goes !!!

I actually enjoyed the match last night, I felt we were really good in the first half, totally dominating the game, just a couple better passes off being a couple goals up.

2nd half, they brought on some more of the first team and the pressure paid off, however only just, I don't think they did anything particularly amazing.

Oscar Bobb really shone through tho, and I actually liked the combination of him, sergio and lewis on that side.

Ultimately, with the CWC, this is the competition that had to go, so I'm not too arsed about the result. But that's easy for me to say sitting at home watching it, so can fully understand anyone who travelled not enjoying it as much.

My boss knows him, he's a rag.
We have had this conversation before but he is 100% a Liverpool fan.
When we played Liverpool in the carabao cup final, he was sat in their end with a Liverpool shirt on.
His official club is droylsden.
When his former workplace used to do the wear a football shirt to work and bring a quid in for charity he never took part as he didn't want everyone to know he was a Liverpool fan.
Someone who works at City (who everyone here would recognise but few would know their name) that will speak to pep and the players several times a week also knows all of this so pretty sure pep knows he's a Liverpool fan too.

The rags under Fergie would go through the back of players *Scholes) with impunity even though the laws on tackling from behind had been tightened because of the risk of serious injury. Now they are being used as a leveller against City with our posession based football where you would expect cards to be a rare occurence.

Forest and now Newcastle are the most recent examples where referees have been slow to penalise such play whilst quick to yellow card City players for first "ordinary" fouls. Refs being lax to keep the game flowing (poor refs or bias or bent?) penalise City by not giving fouls and cards which leads to loss of control.

Pep and the players get pissed off when they see other teams use this as a tactic without penalty whilst City players are carded for a first lesser foul. The media make a lot of City tactical fouling yet ignore the systemic fouling on City players eg Phil staying on his feet and the ref only blowing at the third foul not to mention leading to the Rodri red card.
The last two matches have seen managers send their teams out to try and kick our players off the pitch without any action being taken by the officials. This, coupled with the ongong cheating by teams feigning injury to try and disrupt play (especially Arsenal) are the tactics being used against us. It will be interesting to see what happens at Wolves. Don't expect anyone in the media to report this though.

Not sure I'd of fancied a make a shift team against them.
Especially after we smoke them there a couple of days earlier...for what? So that the academy kids can play v. a pro squad the following game? No thanks...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.