Newcastle Away Pre Match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say every game is a must win which is true but ultimately we will not win every game between now and the end of the season. Having said that,tomorrow is a must win due to who we still have to travel to between now and the end if the season,we have left ourselves with very little wiggle room thanks to the shambles at Cardiff,Sunderland,Villa and even Chelsea. Dropping points tomorrow is not an option.

ColinLee said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
I have reported your post. Otherwise I would gladly tell you what I really think about you. There were 5 now up to 10. People who mostly on Dzeko thread abuse one of their own players and majority of posters. Who dont agree with them. For three years now. Non stop. You and Colin Lee are usually the most vocal one. Because you were allowed to say very negative words to others, You constant try your luck. You should be at least more constructive with your nickname. Go play with your puppets.

Sorry I've just realised you think I play with puppets, fantastic.
Don't be insulted, he thinks I've been here for 3 years giving abuse to Dzeko. I only registered 18 months ago and have posted very little on the Dzeko thread let alone abuse him(I think he's ben excellent recently). I've got this horrible feeling that he's mixed me up with Pudge. Now THAT is insulting ;)
You wish

sam-caddick said:
gwt said:
Like most games from now on, it's a must win. A loss puts us in third, and a draw will most likely put us in third as well.

This.

Newcastle away tomorrow is a huge game for the boys and must not be taken lightly at all, our mentality has to be spot on tomorrow, matched with everyone having a good performance it should see us get a result, but this game is must win.

You must have this in your paste buffer ready for each game. Your put too emphasis on mentality. This is no good if we
don't play well. Anyway I'm hoping Manuel puts out his strongest side and if so, an entertaining and profitable (points wise)
game will ensue.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
gwt said:
Like most games from now on, it's a must win. A loss puts us in third, and a draw will most likely put us in third as well.

This.

Newcastle away tomorrow is a huge game for the boys and must not be taken lightly at all, our mentality has to be spot on tomorrow, matched with everyone having a good performance it should see us get a result, but this game is must win.

You must have this in your paste buffer ready for each game. Your put too emphasis on mentality. This is no good if we
don't play well. Anyway I'm hoping Manuel puts out his strongest side and if so, an entertaining and profitable (points wise)
game will ensue.

He is getting better though, at least he is not predicting a loss this time

Ducado said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
This.

game will ensue.

I am no way having a go at him. We need him to keep posting this stuiff. We haven't lost since it's become
commonplace.

Ducado said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
This.

game will ensue.

1-0 to Newcastle.

I hate being confident before a game.

I learnt my lesson from the 93 (?) cup QF when we lost 4-2 at home to Spurs.

I just knew we were going to win that game.

bluevengence said:
This is from the Newcastle evening rag looking forward to the game....I mind it amazing how ickle old City is now viewed by others

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/olivier-bernard-only-best-newcastle-6482819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... le-6482819</a>?

Olivier Bernard: Only the best of Newcastle United can beat Manchester City
9 Jan 2014 18:00

Chronicle columnist Olivier Bernard reckons only the best of Newcastle United can beat Manchester City on Sunday

How do you stop Manchester City?

Now there is a question. Alan Pardew and his staff have their work cut out this week to come up with some answers.

There is something about this City team that makes me feel, shall I say, concerned about this weekend. Actually, there are quite a lot of things.

Before I go on, we can get a point from Sunday, a result I’d bite both your hands off for right now. The right attitude, performance and slice of luck could see us win 1-0.

I honestly believe that.

However, we are up against a top side with genuine world-class players in every single area of the park.

I must admit that I love watching City when they click into that extra gear they seem to find during a game. It’s almost as if a silent command is sent out and every player raises their performance by10%.

City are brilliant, quick and powerful. They will drive at the doors of the most obstinate of teams and when they break through their defensive lock, then it’s game over.

Attacks can come from defence, midfield, the wing. It’s impossible to know what they will do next. With players as good as this, something magical happens and before you know it they’ve scored.

You never are quite sure where they are going to come at you from?

They can dismantle you in the blink of an eye. It’s scary stuff. When it happens for them, they are one of Europe’s best teams.

Yaya Toure is world-class. No question about. So is Vincent Kompany and you can say that about Sergio Aguero, although he might struggle for Sunday after being out for a month.

There isn’t a weak spot. Don’t even look for it. Even if their away form hasn’t match how they have played in Manchester.

So what to Newcastle do?

We play our strongest team for a start. We have to frustrate City, close them down, make sure we keep our concentration and everyone has to defend.

Pardew needs all 11 players, plus his subs, to perform as close to their best as they can. Only then can we get a positive result.

In an odd way, this isn’t a bad game for the players after three defeats.

For whatever reason, this Newcastle team are not so good at dictating games. They would much rather see a team come at them. We seem to be better without the ball at times. So this is no mission impossible. However, I do think we will need to score to take a point.

The biggest aspect of this game is that City play so well between the lines.

Strikers wander into midfield, midfielders such as Samir Nasri and David Silva love to operate in that area between the central area of the park and 30 yards from goal.

It’s an awful place to try to mark.

They float. That’s what they do. They float into these parts of the pitch looking to hurt the opposition.

Fernandinho has been a brilliant signing, as I thought he would be. City needed a box-to-box player and he operates beautifully in that role. They all mix and match.

If one goes up, someone stays back. Goals can come from anywhere.

If we score, it won’t be more than one goal. City have too much ability all over for that to happen.

However, if we can make the most of our opportunities, then Newcastle have enough good players to hurt their visitors.

We could do with a bit of positivity after a poor start to the year and a point on Sunday would be a massive result for the club.

I wish this guy worked for the MEN, high praise indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.