Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

inbetween said:
smiles said:
Worrying how comfortable Newcastle look against Chelsea. Already 1-0 up- an extremely well taken goal by cisse. Could have been 3-0 newcastle by now

Chelsea have nothing to play for, the only thing is getting into Europe, which ironically their best bet of achieving is by winning the Champions League final in 2 weeks.

I'd have to disagree with you there- before their game today they were 2 points below 4th spot, hardly nothing to play for. They definitely had their minds on the FA cup final and the CL final, but all credit to Newcastle, they were solid today and looked dangerous going forward. They should not be underestimated.

That wonder strike from cisse make me nervous for this sunday match

stevie1892 said:
It's interesting that most Newcastle fans are as confident of getting from the game, as you Man City fans seem to be. Both think they'll win. Something have to give but the stats do actually favour Newcastle - 6 clean sheets in the last 8. Two home defeats in 15 months, both freaks, especially the Chelsea game. A record in 2012 at home P10 W8 D2 L0. Which is why I'm baffled that the majority of your fans think it's a foregone conclusion. You've lost to far worse sides than us in the last calendar year, I remember the 3-0 at Liverpool well we're better than them, plus like along with us you're the unluckiest club in English football, which means you're bound to fuck it up.

Also the game against Chelsea bares no relevance, if we were 15th with nothing to play for we'd give you a game at home, and would battle as if we were playing the mackems. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good for English football to have new champions, I'm just staggered at the arrogance that you think you can come to SJP and walk all over us. Seen many comments "if we play our best we'll win the game", well by the same token if we play our best we'll win the game too. A lot hinges on Tiote having a big game, hopefully he'll dominate Barry, he's a better player, and if Benny and Cabaye play as they have been doing (18 points from the last 21) I have no worries, we're more than capable and the atmosphere on Sunday will probably be as good as your players have experienced this sunday, especially if we get something tonight, and we've got a guy up front who has scored a goal every 70 minutes since he signed for us in January.

are you retarded? Our best is better then your best you absolute colossal cretin

-- Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 am --

stevie1892 said:
southstand117 said:
stevie1892 said:
Surely both teams can't play their best in the same game, and say what you like about geordies, it can be like going in to the lions den, when they're on a roll, and 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 suggests they are. If Man City play like they did at Arsenal, we'll win the game irrespective of how we play. If you do drop points, and I firmly believe it's a significant possibility, then your last chance is the mackems against Man Utd, and with so many ex Man Utd players in there you'll be lucky. Personally I think we'll win 2-1, but if Man City win can manage to come here sneak a result, and turn us over, you'll be as worthy champions as any.
Sneak a result ffs, wolves drew there a couple of weeks ago, and scored a couple of goals.. United hadn't lost on a Monday night since 1998, remind me how that went. I'm not saying it'll be an easy game but come on mate, you sound a little arrogant. When was the last time you was beat at home.
No more arrogant than Man City expecting to come here, a team with the 5th best home record over the course of the Premiership history since 93, and us just to roll over. We play a rigid system, apart from the front three. Cabaye grafts like fuck, and he's a technician who sits a lot of the time. Tiote sits all of the time and cleans everything up, he hardly ever loses possession and in my biased view he's the best player in his position in the Premiership. Jonas hasn't been playing wide lately and he forms part of a midfield three, they're all good players.

Ben Arfa had a bigger name than Nasri four or five years ago, and he's just as good imo (certainly on current form), Cisse scored 31 goals in 45 games for a club the size of Wigan in Germany, he's scored 11 in 11 for us, and we have Demba who's sacrificing his goals by playing on the left so Cisse can score. Coloccini is immaculate and deserves his place in the team of the year, we have Santon who at 20 is a Champions League winner, and is getting better every game, Tim Krul again being biased is as good a young keeper in Europe, and should play for Holland this summer, but the two areas you can piss all over us, is exploiting Williamson's overall slowness and shitness, and letting Danny Simpson have the ball, he's shit, and HATES having the ball. If you exploit those two badly we'll lose, if not we have every chance.

Keep spewing shit. Cisses best year in Germany he scored 24 goals in 34. His other two seasons he was average. Actually Freiburg are doing just fine without him. Tiote is better then fuckin' Yaya Toure? Keep going. Name the starting 11 players on Newcastle better then a player on City 11 of the same positions?....

inbetween said:
smiles said:
Worrying how comfortable Newcastle look against Chelsea. Already 1-0 up- an extremely well taken goal by cisse. Could have been 3-0 newcastle by now
Chelsea have nothing to play for, the only thing is getting into Europe, which ironically their best bet of achieving is by winning the Champions League final in 2 weeks.
If Chelsea had beaten Newcastle, they would have been right up for a Champions League qualification place, right on the shoulders of Arsenal and Spurs. Now they are in the proverbial shit. Nothing to play for, my ass. That was a must win game, which they somehow contrived to lose.

Newcastle can point to whatever they like from this season. They aren't pointing to the 4-0 loss at Wigan though, just 5 days ago! What about the 5-0 loss at Spurs?
They can hold up their excellent win at Chelsea last night; we can put that firmly in the shadow and hold up a 5-1 at Spurs; 6-1 at Norwich and 6-1 at O.T. There's also City 3 - 1 Newcastle earlier in the season - and we were rotating the squad back then :-)
They have identified above 2 weak links in their team, and there must be a slight doubt about whether Tiotte will play. They've not played any team lately which can pose the problems Aguero and Tevez will set them, not to mention Yaya, Silva and Nasri.
What is for sure is that we will be at full strength and without any distractions. They cannot be defensive because they aren't good enough at the back, and it's not their way anyhow, but, you know what happens to teams who attack us when we're at full strength - see the results mentioned above.
No right minded City fan takes anything for granted, but, we know the match is winnable. That's all. Play to our best, on that lovely big pitch, and we should create plenty of chances and give ourselves good opportunities to score, and go on to win. That's all I'm saying.
Newcastle have to contend with the best attacking and defensive team in the Premier league who are bang in form, but who won't underestimate the opposition, nor take any no notice of any hype. The media focus is now going to be all about Cisse after his fabulous goals against Chelsea, and they'll be salivating at the thought of him doing it again against City and handing the title to United. Thing is, Kompany and Lescott won't give him the freedom of the pitch like he had from Terry on the first goal (Great finish) and if he scores another wonder goal - well, you can't legislate for that 2nd one - good luck to him. Newcastle will need more than 1 though because I can't see them keeping a clean sheet.
We're 18 points ahead of Newcastle and 52 goals better off than them for a reason. We're in form and with everything to play for. That's why we're up for it and confident. But, we're City; and we know and accept that anything is possible.

wern't newcastle doing well until they played us earlier in the season ?

bobmcfc said:
wern't newcastle doing well until they played us earlier in the season ?
If I remember correctly, they were playing well against us until a penalty for a handball.

Hatem Ben Arfa tore Kompany a new one several times.

cisse will score but so will tevez and aguero

im more confident for this match than the united game

Cisse will not score another goal like that unless he is playing fifa. They like to attack as much as we do. The BIG difference is our defence is far more solid than theirs is. Williamson is about as useful as pockets on a pair of underpants and simpson is no better. Keep cabaye quiet and a good strong challenge on ben half pint and he will go missing. Have faith blues. Come on city.

or you could look at it the other way, it took Newcastle 2 wonder goals to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.