Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle away - it could've been a worse fixture

Wellsblue21 said:
I hope Newcastle win tonight, as then they will have the pressure of 4th place to contend with, theyre already guaranteed Europa I believe.

if we want to talk about pressure let's say we beat Newcastle, imagine the pressure united will be under knowing pretty much anything but a win should be curtains

I hope the opposite tbh. I hope Chelsea absolutely batter them so emphatically that I can see the confidence drain out of their faces as Torres gets his 4th.

I'd rather play a team demoralised and low on confidence than one that is under no pressure. Not an easy game either way, but as the OP said, would rather this than Liverpool away etc.

By the way, I should add I'd really like it if it was Newcastle that got 4th out of all the teams fighting for it, but not at the expense of our 3 points!

Astuteboy said:
Wellsblue21 said:
I hope Newcastle win tonight, as then they will have the pressure of 4th place to contend with, theyre already guaranteed Europa I believe.

if we want to talk about pressure let's say we beat Newcastle, imagine the pressure united will be under knowing pretty much anything but a win should be curtains

I hope the opposite tbh. I hope Chelsea absolutely batter them so emphatically that I can see the confidence drain out of their faces as Torres gets his 4th.

I'd rather play a team demoralised and low on confidence than one that is under no pressure. Not an easy game either way, but as the OP said, would rather this than Liverpool away etc.

By the way, I should add I'd really like it if it was Newcastle that got 4th out of all the teams fighting for it, but not at the expense of our 3 points!
For me too. I hope Newcastle get taken apart tonight and gather an injury to Ben Arfa and/or one of their strikers, preferably Ba. Anything, just anything which makes our trip to SJP an easier one.

Astuteboy said:
Wellsblue21 said:

not very clear in my orginal post, but if newcastle win they'd be under immense pressure, their unveiling a sir bobby statue at the game too. newcastle fans could get on their backs

pre-contract "advance" in a brown envelope to Cisse's agent should sort this one....

Pigeonho said:
Whoever we play it will be tough, however a team which is 2 wins away from a league title should be capable of beating anyone, home or away. I think the 2 games for both us and United will go as follows:

Win for us v the barcodes
United will draw at home to Swansea

Win for us v QPR
United will get beat off Sunderland.

Convinced of it.

There's more chance of me smashing Scarlett Johanssen's back doors in than the rags dropping points in both their remaining games pidge, that said I would love to be proved wrong.

Team For Newcastle

...............Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy

.......De jong Barry............

.............Yaya...............

.............Silva*.............

.....Aguero........Tevez......

*silva in a floating role.

i've chosen to play NDJ as with him on the pitch ben arfa might be a bit nervous to do anything. also yaya maruading foward.

Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

I can't decide if I would drop Nasri for de Jong/Milner in this one, hear me out...

Despite Nasri's great form recently I think the damage Yaya could do in a more advanced position against Tiote will be more beneficial because Yaya simply cannot be handled going forward. He'll free up space for Silva and the Agrentinian partnership can continue to work together.

Barry and de Jong/Milner can then cope with the threat of Ben Arfa and Cabaye so our full backs can go forward at the right oppertunities.

Or we stick and don't twist and just go at them which is prob best right?

Wellsblue21 said:
Astuteboy said:
Wellsblue21 said:

not very clear in my orginal post, but if newcastle win they'd be under immense pressure, their unveiling a sir bobby statue at the game too. newcastle fans could get on their backs

Got it (sorry, I misread your post a bit too) - interesting take, the pressure of hanging on to 4th versus the disappointment of no longer being in the race.

Hopefully either way they'll roll over for us!

gazinho said:
Pigeonho said:
Whoever we play it will be tough, however a team which is 2 wins away from a league title should be capable of beating anyone, home or away. I think the 2 games for both us and United will go as follows:

Win for us v the barcodes
United will draw at home to Swansea

Win for us v QPR
United will get beat off Sunderland.

Convinced of it.

There's more chance of me smashing Scarlett Johanssen's back doors in than the rags dropping points in both their remaining games pidge, that said I would love to be proved wrong.
I think many would have said the same of Wigan's recent scalps too, one of which was our Trafford-based cousins! Anything is possible, and I just think Swansea will surprise many and Sunderland will want to sign off with a win.

Re: Team For Newcastle

The only decision for me is whether to play De Jong or not.

Yaya in that advanced role when players are tiring is a monster.

Maybe same team as Thursday first half. See how it goes then change it like he did Thursday.

Nasri is in form and should not be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.