Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle away - it could've been a worse fixture

No point in taking notice of Newcastle and Chelsea tonight, i think it's irrelevant to what will happen on sunday (obviously wouldn't mind Ben-Arfa and Cisse red carded). Praying for a win but it won't be easy, it took us 2 penalties to beat them at home.

Is Anyone Else

I am, cos I know we're only 90 minutes away from becoming champions. I'm more worried about what day our parade will be on than beating Qpr.

Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

It's interesting that most Newcastle fans are as confident of getting from the game, as you Man City fans seem to be. Both think they'll win. Something have to give but the stats do actually favour Newcastle - 6 clean sheets in the last 8. Two home defeats in 15 months, both freaks, especially the Chelsea game. A record in 2012 at home P10 W8 D2 L0. Which is why I'm baffled that the majority of your fans think it's a foregone conclusion. You've lost to far worse sides than us in the last calendar year, I remember the 3-0 at Liverpool well we're better than them, plus like along with us you're the unluckiest club in English football, which means you're bound to fuck it up.

Also the game against Chelsea bares no relevance, if we were 15th with nothing to play for we'd give you a game at home, and would battle as if we were playing the mackems. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good for English football to have new champions, I'm just staggered at the arrogance that you think you can come to SJP and walk all over us. Seen many comments "if we play our best we'll win the game", well by the same token if we play our best we'll win the game too. A lot hinges on Tiote having a big game, hopefully he'll dominate Barry, he's a better player, and if Benny and Cabaye play as they have been doing (18 points from the last 21) I have no worries, we're more than capable and the atmosphere on Sunday will probably be as good as your players have experienced this sunday, especially if we get something tonight, and we've got a guy up front who has scored a goal every 70 minutes since he signed for us in January.

stevie1892 said:
It's interesting that most Newcastle fans are as confident of getting from the game, as you Man City fans seem to be. Both think they'll win. Something have to give but the stats do actually favour Newcastle - 6 clean sheets in the last 8. Two home defeats in 15 months, both freaks, especially the Chelsea game. A record in 2012 at home P10 W8 D2 L0. Which is why I'm baffled that the majority of your fans think it's a foregone conclusion. You've lost to far worse sides than us in the last calendar year, I remember the 3-0 at Liverpool well we're better than them, plus like along with us you're the unluckiest club in English football, which means you're bound to fuck it up.

Also the game against Chelsea bares no relevance, if we were 15th with nothing to play for we'd give you a game at home, and would battle as if we were playing the mackems. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good for English football to have new champions, I'm just staggered at the arrogance that you think you can come to SJP and walk all over us. Seen many comments "if we play our best we'll win the game", well by the same token if we play our best we'll win the game too. A lot hinges on Tiote having a big game, hopefully he'll dominate Barry, he's a better player, and if Benny and Cabaye play as they have been doing (18 points from the last 21) I have no worries, we're more than capable and the atmosphere on Sunday will probably be as good as your players have experienced this sunday, especially if we get something tonight, and we've got a guy up front who has scored a goal every 70 minutes since he signed for us in January.

Think about it mate, if both sides play to their best, City should win the game, hence the respective league positions.

stevie1892 said:

This is a genuine question and I'm not taking the piss, but who are the 10 teams who you've played in 2012?

sjk2008 said:
stevie1892 said:

Think about it mate, if both sides play to their best, City should win the game, hence the respective league positions.
Surely both teams can't play their best in the same game, and say what you like about geordies, it can be like going in to the lions den, when they're on a roll, and 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 suggests they are. If Man City play like they did at Arsenal, we'll win the game irrespective of how we play. If you do drop points, and I firmly believe it's a significant possibility, then your last chance is the mackems against Man Utd, and with so many ex Man Utd players in there you'll be lucky. Personally I think we'll win 2-1, but if Man City win can manage to come here sneak a result, and turn us over, you'll be as worthy champions as any.<br /><br />-- Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm --<br /><br />
southstand117 said:
stevie1892 said:

This is a genuine question and I'm not taking the piss, but who are the 10 teams who you've played in 2012?
Man Utd 3-0
QPR 1-0
Blackburn 2-1
Villa 2-1
Wolves 2-2
Sunderland 1-1
Norwich 1-0
Bolton 2-0
Liverpool 2-0
Stoke 3-0

stevie1892 said:
sjk2008 said:
stevie1892 said:

Surely both teams can't play their best in the same game, and say what you like about geordies, it can be like going in to the lions den, when they're on a roll, and 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 suggests they are. If Man City play like they did at Arsenal, we'll win the game irrespective of how we play. If you do drop points, and I firmly believe it's a significant possibility, then your last chance is the mackems against Man Utd, and with so many ex Man Utd players in there you'll be lucky. Personally I think we'll win 2-1, but if Man City win can manage to come here sneak a result, and turn us over, you'll be as worthy champions as any.
Sneak a result ffs, wolves drew there a couple of weeks ago, and scored a couple of goals.. United hadn't lost on a Monday night since 1998, remind me how that went. I'm not saying it'll be an easy game but come on mate, you sound a little arrogant. When was the last time you was beat at home.

southstand117 said:
stevie1892 said:
sjk2008 said:
Surely both teams can't play their best in the same game, and say what you like about geordies, it can be like going in to the lions den, when they're on a roll, and 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 suggests they are. If Man City play like they did at Arsenal, we'll win the game irrespective of how we play. If you do drop points, and I firmly believe it's a significant possibility, then your last chance is the mackems against Man Utd, and with so many ex Man Utd players in there you'll be lucky. Personally I think we'll win 2-1, but if Man City win can manage to come here sneak a result, and turn us over, you'll be as worthy champions as any.
Sneak a result ffs, wolves drew there a couple of weeks ago, and scored a couple of goals.. United hadn't lost on a Monday night since 1998, remind me how that went. I'm not saying it'll be an easy game but come on mate, you sound a little arrogant. When was the last time you was beat at home.

If I recall we done you over when you were flying high at the start of the season, last 2 undefeated teams in the league and you met your match, am I wrong? You've got some arrogance mate, we've improved year on year without wavering, this could be a flash in the pan year for you, watch you words.

We've got a date with destiny and nothing you say will convince me and Bluemoon that your team and your big head will stand in our way. Tough game yes, tougher for you with the momentum we're riding. Good luck.

southstand117 said:
stevie1892 said:
sjk2008 said:
No more arrogant than Man City expecting to come here, a team with the 5th best home record over the course of the Premiership history since 93, and us just to roll over. We play a rigid system, apart from the front three. Cabaye grafts like fuck, and he's a technician who sits a lot of the time. Tiote sits all of the time and cleans everything up, he hardly ever loses possession and in my biased view he's the best player in his position in the Premiership. Jonas hasn't been playing wide lately and he forms part of a midfield three, they're all good players.

Ben Arfa had a bigger name than Nasri four or five years ago, and he's just as good imo (certainly on current form), Cisse scored 31 goals in 45 games for a club the size of Wigan in Germany, he's scored 11 in 11 for us, and we have Demba who's sacrificing his goals by playing on the left so Cisse can score. Coloccini is immaculate and deserves his place in the team of the year, we have Santon who at 20 is a Champions League winner, and is getting better every game, Tim Krul again being biased is as good a young keeper in Europe, and should play for Holland this summer, but the two areas you can piss all over us, is exploiting Williamson's overall slowness and shitness, and letting Danny Simpson have the ball, he's shit, and HATES having the ball. If you exploit those two badly we'll lose, if not we have every chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.